PhilTheGeek 2020 & Back Again

philthegeek

Day 1:

Just put in 25 fem seeds (from hermis) from the last grow for germination. Will only plant up 4-8 but want to get an idea of germination rate.

Soil and watering setup mainly same same as last time.

Lined the pots with plastic flywire this time instead of hessian. Think the hessian was not that good for air penetration via the holes up the sides of the pots.

Am going back to an aquarium air pump to aerate the standing water in the nally bins of my smartvalve bottom up system.

Lights changed :) This time am using a MarsHydro TSW 2000, Very much need to cut power costs as against the 2 x 400W HPS on dimmable ballasts, with an Apollo 6 LED Grow Light - True Watt 209W, i used last time. That was 1009W full up :( . TSW 2000 should only draw about 300W.

Will have to run it closer to the plants but that unit seems to have pretty good reviews. Also meant being able to dump a load of ducting and 1 fan.

Anyway, off and running. :)

Day 42 of veg.

Hi all. Been out of it for a few weeks..a week of that literally. :( Had a bit of a prob on the way home from work and stacked the bike about 3 weeks ago. Electric pushbike, normal commute home. Got to hospital that afternoon (a monday) and by tuesday not able to form words or read, wednesday the same, thurs /fri started to come good. Sent home the following tuesday, then back in with massive headache on the friday. :( All good now apart from the busted ribs on the left side not 100% and a bit sore. Have to go back to neuroligist next week. Nothing definitive, but appears no long term damage to the brain that wasn't already there. High blood pressure appears to be an issue so being a good boy and have given up the 6 cups of coffee and 15 cigarettes a day to see if that makes a difference. :)

Also giving up the cannabis for a while so as not to confuse things. Rarely if ever smoke it now, tincture in coffee or tea has been the go.

At the moment am taking enough pills often enough so that i rattle and will have to spend a bit of time working out what to continue with and what to keep up.

Upshot for the grow? The three plants i had in their long homes on the auto, gravity fed watering just chugged along, probably reveling in not being interfered with. :)

Have defolled a couple of times and added a dose of Thrive a few days ago. Topped them a week or so ago and have tied down the side shoots to spread em out a bit.

New light is working a treat. My plants go bushy and low and these are no exception. This light seems to easily cover my 4 x 4 tent and if its only drawing 300 or so watts out of the wall seems good value to me.

Anyhow will post photos next few days. :)

Hope all well as can be under current circumstances for people with the virus lockdowns and stuff. Here, people keeping to themselves and distancing but can still get to the shops occasionally and as long as people are sensible and keep distance can get to the beach with the dawg. :( My work part shut down but most of us are reducing hours for a while by taking leave. Me on sick leave for another 9 days anyway. Lots of people having flu jabs as we are coming into winter down here and the flu season. Oz seems to have locked down in time so we have only had about 90 people die in the whole country so far. Fingers crossed and hoping some of the movement and work restrictions will start yo get lifted in second half of may.

Look after thyselves people and dont "över-tend" the plants cause your bored in lockdown. :)

Back
Top Bottom