Phosphorous Toxicity Problem

Strangclouds

photo126.JPG

So above is my 6 week old female and i was looking at a plant abuse chart and it seems to look as if it has a phosphorous toxicity problem? so is that from my water? How would i take care of this problem???
PLEASE HELP THANKS :helpsmilie:

Re: Phosphorous Toxicity Problem???

Researched more into it and what i came across said its pretty hard to over load a plant with phosphorus and that my plant seems to have all the symptoms of a phosphorus deficiency so i gave it some tiger bloom by fox farms and i guess ill have to wait for results, i mixed it 2 tsp to 1 gal

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/mmj1.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/mmj2.JPG

Okay so above is my 6 week old plant ive had some problems with this thing when it was 4 weeks i bought a new light its a 400w hps and i had the setup going in my closet and the temps went through the roof and i couldnt control it the plant whilted and looked like shit but then i went n got a tent thats 7 ft tall x 4 wide x 3 deep and a 4 inch inline fan and some good fans for the inside, its in a 5 gal bucket its 78 all the time in there a little cooler when the lights off but i have my light 27 inches from the plant, i plan to get a dehumidifyer this weekend for my basement to see if that will make a difference in my heating problem. yesterday i gave it a small dose of fox farms tiger bloom, im using their ocean forest soil with their liquid line but i believe its hollands hope or durban poison from a pack of seeds a friend bought and as of like friday ish she started turning real dark and drooping, i researched it a little and looked in the canna book i have and it looks like it could be phosphourus toxicity??? Any help is greatly appreciated i dont want my baby to die yet

i only water when i feel an see that the soil is dry, i feed once a week usually on a friday and im using fox farms big bloom grow big and tiger bloom, my lights are on 18-6 im using a 400w hydrofarm not sure what the ph is hoping to get a better meter today

its getting worse by the day can anyone give me some suggestions as to how i can or should fix this, first time growing n plant was looking great but now she looks like shes going to die

Are you following the feeding chart by week? Also only ever give half strength nutes unless you are showing a deficiency. What is your soil pH??? VERY IMPORTANT Everything looks OK it looks to me like p deficiency, but could also be a pH problem.

Go get some dolomite lime and scratch up your top inch or two of soil and sprinkle in 1/4 cup per gallon of pot size (3 gal pot = 3/4 cup). Then give them a watering with only RO (filtered, distilled, whatever you can get). If tap is the only thing available bubble it for 24 hours, unless you think they will die in 24 hours then just do it the chlorine will not kill them, but I worry about what metals / minerals could be in your water. Try to buy a gallon or two of distilled. (NOT SPRING WATER IT HAS MINERALS!!!!)

Water them then do nothing else until the pot is light again.

okay so just went n bought a ph meter the only one the local store had is the one that has the probe u just stick in the soil with the meter on it, its not digital so i dont really know how accurate it is but that is saying my soil is right below 7 so like 6.8-6.9

im following the fox farms feeding schedule my temps are to high right now their at 78-80 when the lights on n havent checked in a few days when lights off but im getting a dehumidifyer for my basement soon so im hoping that can alter my temps but in veg have been feeding 2tsp/1gal of grow big and 3/1 big bloom i believe i havent looked cuz i skipped last friday and gave only the tiger bloom because its higher in P hoping that would resolve my issues but now i just check and the leaves are still dark but getting more brittle n ive noticed more of the leaves are starting to get like that its starting at the bottom and going up and im going to get a faucet filter this weekend also hoping that will take care of the chlorine in my water ? but will this dolomite lime drop my ph to much? and will it take care of my issue with P???
Thanks for the advice :thanks:

dolomite lime is a buffer which means if your pH is low it will raise it to 6.5, if it is high it will lower it to 6.5. When you become more advanced grower you will not need it, but it is good "training wheels" to keep you from falling down.

I also just confirmed that overwatering can cause P deficiency. Watering when you feel it is dry where? The top can be dry and the bottom wet.

Here is how you do it. Fill a pot of the same size with FFOF, lift it, this is your dry weight.

Now lift your pot, does it feel a lot heavier? Then it does not need water. I found with smart pots, during the winter I needed to water every third day, regular pots maybe every 4th or 5th.

The hefting method is the only way to go.

Some people recommend those stick pH meters but I have never seen an accurate one. There are some decent pH pens out there for under 40$. Spend a little more and get a ppm (TDS), and pH in one.

Thank you very much for the advice i will deffinately try all of that this weekend so i couldve easily been over watering then, now what about my temps? they are at 78-80 im going to try to lower them asap but what should i shoot for? and light height from plant? im at 27 inches now and on my 6th week of veg probably going to veg it for a long time and grow this one out n clone it im hoping

So a friend came over today and said he used to watch this older guy we knew grow that just passed recently and he said that our friend used to pick off the bottom fan leaves when and if they would ever die and it seemed right because the node coming off is strong and healthy to survive it seems? so i picked them off and shes all green and looks excellent now so im questioning weather i should even get the lime? im still going to watch how i water and get a faucet filter so my water is a little better?

So you tore off the leaves exhibiting the problem and you think it will be OK now?

It is true leaves do naturally die off, either because they are not getting enough light, because we bend them too much taking our plants in and our of their space, many reasons.

Those leaves usually turn yellow from the tip in then brown and shrivel, you are exhibiting a pretty clear sign of deficiency that will not stop until you correct the problem.

Back
Top Bottom