Phosphurus problem?

NatureAbuse

hello, i'm growing 6 plants in my first grow under a 1000watter MH veg\HPS using cal\mag, Fox farms trio, ph control kit (never used it)
they're 24 days old now, i transplanted to 5 gal pots when they were 16 days old,
3 white widows reg\ 2 big buds fem \ 1 cheese fem
i noticed the first few leaves of one of the white widows curled just after transplanting then they died and it looked like a phosphorus deficiency so i cut them, now this thing has moved to the upper leaves
here's a picture of one of the newer leaves (WW):

20140827_173139.jpg

here's a picture of my other plants they seem to be ok (2 on the right are the BB, 2 on the left are the WWs):

20140827_173215.jpg

i think it's a ph problem, i water them with RO water 8.0 ph
and the run off is about 5.5 ph but i'm not sure about the runoff accuracy because the soil i'm using is supposedly 6.5 ph, could it be that alkalinish water that i'm giving is causing a lockup? or is it that the soil is too acidic and if that the case would the soil ph change if i flushed it with that 8.0 ph water? and i think i'm giving them enough nutes at that age with feed-feed-water schedule but i'm sure that i didn't over fertilize because one of the bb earlier showed a slight N defeincy then it was fixed when added more nutrients.
so what do you think guys?

it's not a fox farms soil, it's a german brand potting soil and it doesn't have much nutrients in it, that's why i'm skeptical about that runoff ph, anyways i flushed it twice now and the run off read 6.1 ph, so my theory is with more flushing with that alkalinish water (8.0) i might be able to change the soil's ph to a more tolerable level, i tried looking for a ph buffer in the local stores but i haven't found one, maybe because the water here is alkaline.
the 2 big bud plants seem to like how things are so i won't do anything to them. any advice?

hello, i'm growing 6 plants in my first grow under a 1000watter MH veg\HPS using cal\mag, Fox farms trio, ph control kit (never used it)
they're 24 days old now, i transplanted to 5 gal pots when they were 16 days old,
3 white widows reg\ 2 big buds fem \ 1 cheese fem
i noticed the first few leaves of one of the white widows curled just after transplanting then they died and it looked like a phosphorus deficiency so i cut them, now this thing has moved to the upper leaves
here's a picture of one of the newer leaves (WW):

20140827_173139.jpg

here's a picture of my other plants they seem to be ok (2 on the right are the BB, 2 on the left are the WWs):

20140827_173215.jpg

i think it's a ph problem, i water them with RO water 8.0 ph
and the run off is about 5.5 ph but i'm not sure about the runoff accuracy because the soil i'm using is supposedly 6.5 ph, could it be that alkalinish water that i'm giving is causing a lockup? or is it that the soil is too acidic and if that the case would the soil ph change if i flushed it with that 8.0 ph water? and i think i'm giving them enough nutes at that age with feed-feed-water schedule but i'm sure that i didn't over fertilize because one of the bb earlier showed a slight N defeincy then it was fixed when added more nutrients.
so what do you think guys?

overwatering after transplanting can have this affect in the leaves. do you let them dry out properly after feeds? :)

adjust the ph of the water you use when not adding nutes and try and keep it in the 5.8-6.2 range when you do add nutes

overwatering after transplanting can have this affect in the leaves. do you let them dry out properly after feeds? :)

no, i water them everyday i'll be sure to water them less frequently and see, the weather here is so dry and hot lol, i think i'm the only one growing where i live, the ac has to be on 24\7.
i don't know if this plant will live or not, but i'll make sure that the soil's ph is right before planting in my future grows :p,
the other babies are doing great now, it seems that some strains can tolerate ph problems much better than others, :)

Back
Top Bottom