Pineapple Express - Very Worried!

420growguy

IMG_20150720_110853.jpg

Hi i have a pineapple express clone, i am not sure if it is healthy or not, it look's pretty happy to me.

I'm giving it 12/12 and a 1/2 gallon of water every other day.
I also mist the leaves 3 times a day.

ANY ADVICE?

I would stop misting the leave unnecessarily. It looks like she is drowning in humidity at the moment. Other than that, she looks very healthy. How long has it been under 12/12? Some more information would help with giving advise: What kind of light? Soil/Soiless? What kind of nutrients, if any? What is the temp and humidity high and low of the room? What is the pH,PPM,temp of the feed water? Things like that.. :thumb:

Okay i wasn't sure if i was doing anything wrong with misting the leaves, it's been under 12/12 for three days, but i'm switching it to a 18/6 until it gets a bit bigger, its only a little over a foot tall, its under a 50 watt florescent tube bulb, & an overhanging 50 watt cfl, the soil is basic, all the common nutrients are in it, and as of right now im no giving it any artificial nutrients until its 4 weeks old, because i was told it would kill the plant, and as far as the pH goes, i do not have a pH tester but i keep 5 gallons of water in a bucket for days at a time to ensure the fact that the water loses any chlorine n the water but no pH tester, & i do not know what PPM is, & i don't know what the temp of the feed water is, i haven't been giving it feed just soil & water.

Okay i wasn't sure if i was doing anything wrong with misting the leaves, it's been under 12/12 for three days, but i'm switching it to a 18/6 until it gets a bit bigger, its only a little over a foot tall, its under a 50 watt florescent tube bulb, & an overhanging 50 watt cfl, the soil is basic, all the common nutrients are in it, and as of right now im no giving it any artificial nutrients until its 4 weeks old, because i was told it would kill the plant, and as far as the pH goes, i do not have a pH tester but i keep 5 gallons of water in a bucket for days at a time to ensure the fact that the water loses any chlorine n the water but no pH tester, & i do not know what PPM is, & i don't know what the temp of the feed water is, i haven't been giving it feed just soil & water.

I would at least get some pH test drops or strips. They are inexpensive and will tell you if you are at least in the right rage. If you are using a municipal water supply, you can usually call or email the water company and get a detailed analysis of the water coming out of your tap. The only reason it wouldn't tell you the PPM outright is because it might be so detailed that they give you the PPM of each specific type of particle in the water, in which case you cold just add up all of them to get your total PPM. A water report might even tell you the pH of the water, but it would be best to test it your self just in case it changes at it goes through the pipes.

Your plants look good so you water is most likely at least halfway decent.

If you are going to switch them back to 18/6, then it's best to do it sooner than later. If you haven't done it yet, you should go do it right now, the longer they stay under 12/12, the harder they will be to reveg and the more stressed they will be because of it.

So you would recommend just getting A pH tester?
I live in Oregon as well, and we have purified water.

Oregon's water is already one of the top five places in the US with the cleanest water supply.
Would you know what pH level's my plant should be at, at this point in their lives?

Would you know by looking at these plant's how old they are?
Because i bought them from a dispensary and they didn't tell me

So you would recommend just getting A pH tester?
I live in Oregon as well, and we have purified water.

Oregon's water is already one of the top five places in the US with the cleanest water supply.
Would you know what pH level's my plant should be at, at this point in their lives?

Would you know by looking at these plant's how old they are?
Because i bought them from a dispensary and they didn't tell me

Just because the water is clean and purified doesn't mean it's just h2o, I would still inquire. Being a very green state, they probably have a very detailed water report.

Here's a helpful pH chart:
image267951.jpg

It's hard to say how old they are, and frankly, it doesn't really matter unless it is an auto.

is the pH in the water all that matters? just buy a pH tester and thats it?

PPM matters too, but not that much until you start adding nutrients. I would let the water sit for 24 hours in an open container too and then knock the side of the container and let the bubbles rise. This eliminates and unwanted gasses from the water. You'll need to start adding nutrients in about 4-6 weeks, at which point your soil will have run out of most of it's available nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom