Placement of Screen of Green

Ulan

420 Member
Hi fellow growers.

I`m in my second growth and was hoping that some with knowledge superior to mine (which means a lot of you:) could help me with a little problem while I whatch the snow fall down outside and wait for Santa to come to me with with quality herb...

I`m growing Raspberry Diesel from Humboldt Seeds and vegged the plant for almost two months while grow number 1 was flowering. The plants became really big so I decided to concentrate on one plant. I placed it in my 1,25m*1,25m*2m flowering tent in a 25 liter Auto pot with coco/perlite/Leca mix under 2*400 watt HPS (I`m waiting for my California Lightworks 440 to return from service and will replace one of the HPS with it).

The brances was tied down and it had an height of 26-27 cm and a diameter og 55-68 cm when I swicthed to flowering. Since then, in 7 days it has grown to 40 cm.

I expect it to strech at least 50 cm further, but probably even a bit more for the next three weeks. The lights need approx. 40 cm of space and can be placed about 40 cm above the top of the plant. The pots are 40 cm tall. Totally I then got 1,2 meters of taken space and 0,8 meters left for the plant.

Then my problem: How tall above the top of the pot should the screen be placed? (0,8 meters of available space upwards and about 50 cm of available space in each direction to the sides)

I guess it streches and make buds like a Sour Diesel (Raspberry D is a cross of Sour D and Humboldt Seeds "Sweet cherry old Afghan")

Thanks for helping exercise my brain with metric conversions.
You can put the screen at any height you like above the top of the pot. The only real factor there is whether or not you have room to work under the screen.
In order to fit a watering container under the screen I like to have about 10 - 12" of space. That also gives me enough space for the times I like to reach under the screen and remove shaded undergrowth and dead leaves.
But the plants can also be watered from above the screen and trimming undergrowth isn't 100% essential.

Back
Top Bottom