Planning stage

Okay rookie question : the temperture under the light Is higher then the temperture above the light. The humidity is lower under the light then above it. Humidity is adjustable by heat. So which reading is the one that most affects the plants?

Under the light. Where the plants are.

Crap!! Thanks atulip, problem is that the height of the light in comparison to the fan going across makes a difference everytime you raise or lower........hmmmf guess that's why we learn as we go. Any suggestions? T5ho 2x4ft 8 tuber ,as far as height from younguns, umm ...5ta 7 days up from medium. All ready starting 3rd set leaves including nursery leaf.

Are you trying to lower temps or raise humidity? Keep a small fan blowing on the girls and raise light if it's still too hot, or only use 4/8 bulbs for now. To raise humidity you could add a pan of perlite with water under your light, but if you're in the 50% humidity range that's not bad for veg, and 40% is ideal for flowering.

And for plants making 3 leaves per node, that's a mutation. Had one on my first grow, got bushier than the others and yielded more.

Thanks atulip. I was more concerned with temp ,seems to matter more with the fan and how much air goes across em. That seems to be true on mutant she is definitely shorter and wider even though they are still very young,5 days above medium.have good day!

Okay so seems like everyone has disappeared. .......I have been thinking bout next seeds which are germinating as I type. Soil I have decided to go wormcastings and perlite. So I mixed it up then put some water to it........not cool it kinda packed and hardened. Sooo............I dumped it out in a very little medium I had left over from previous transplant, added my guano and a crap load of perlite and I mean a crap load! Then I got thinking that Styrofoam kinda ground up would be less susceptible to being mudded up by castings like perlite. Anyone else done this?? If so what or how'd it go? Thanks hope to hear feed back

Okay so seems like everyone has disappeared. .......I have been thinking bout next seeds which are germinating as I type. Soil I have decided to go wormcastings and perlite. So I mixed it up then put some water to it........not cool it kinda packed and hardened. Sooo............I dumped it out in a very little medium I had left over from previous transplant, added my guano and a crap load of perlite and I mean a crap load! Then I got thinking that Styrofoam kinda ground up would be less susceptible to being mudded up by castings like perlite. Anyone else done this?? If so what or how'd it go? Thanks hope to hear feed back

Styrofoam sounds bad. You need perlite, worm castings, and peat moss for a basic organic soil. Definitely need some kind of dirt with the worm castings and perlite. And soil is going to compress a bit when going from dry to wet, just don't manually pack it down or anything.

I'm sure there are better options for cannabis but this mix has been a good base for me growing vegetables in the past.
Coco coir 60% perlite 25% compost 5% sand 5% (worm castings or some combination of low N animal waste 2.5%) alfalfa meal 2.5%, all by volume for simplicity.

Back
Top Bottom