Planning stage

A savings of $3 per square foot is fine, and seems like a giant figure when the square footage is so large, yet and still that figure is pretty much meaningless because that figure is comparing the savings over fluorescent lights which also have no ducted cooling features.

Thank you dmr,I understand the thought of dialing in a strain and yes being able to reduce and fine-tuning is a good priority. I have come too understand that I need to have a grow and put couple lbs under my belt so I can get patients. Then I can expand and invest into bigger area. As of now I'm allowed to have 8lbs of "curing " medical mariuana per patient. That's pretty good in my book lol. So slow for now and progressively build until I reach my max then turn and burn into perpetual grow.

That's a very liberal quantity per patient vs what is allowed here. We can currently have 1lb per patient.

I can't see a patient using much over 20g a day but I'm sure someone does. That's a whole lot of high.

Okay so before the electrician comes by ,the light plugs into the ballist and the ballist plugs into the wall. How long is the cord for the ballist and light? Should the outlet be in the ceiling as I would??

So with that said I could heat veg room some with ballist. Think I'm going with 1000w in 54" x 96" with 7'6" height of ceiling. Wife said no smell so now looking at carbon filter fan combo. Was going to circulate air from bloom room to drying room through veg room. Other option is just scrub bud room and leave it there. Any thought. Thanks drm

Yes you could heat the room, or to some extent help heat the room.

As for bloom room air to a drying chamber; perhaps, if your plan is to keep the humidity between 50-55% in both areas which seems reasonable to me.

Most smell comes when the plants are in flower, its still a good idea to scrub the air of any smell, it gets old after a while worrying some unsavory character might stop by and take something that isn't theirs; just because of the escaped scent of a grow.

My grow exhaust exits into the water heater closet, I don't have to hide it, it just worked out in a way that if I were trying to hide the heat ...

I think the largest factor for your situation is humidity, if you can manage that I see no reason not to use the bloom room air.

As for routing the air, it will pick up humidity as it passes through veg and flower rooms as the plants transpire. In a closed system dehumidifiers do the work of maintaining a stable humidity level, in a blow through system the fan system is in charge of evacuating the humidity (humidity will get higher as it passes more plants).

If you are going with a blow through you might consider a good intake air filter in the rooms or on the fresh air intake. Bringing in PM or other nasty plant ick is more likely when your swapping out air so quickly.

A simple make shift air filtration system is a 24" box fan and 24" whole house filter. I use the allergy reducing filters, its not quite HEPA filtration but it works for my situation.

Hmmmmmm.......I don't know if I follow exactly what you are saying. ... I'm thinking of a carbon filter with fan,possibly 6". Have it filter the aroma,lol,from bloom room ,exhaust into drying room ,which is open to veg room. Bloom room I'm thinking of 50 ta60% humidity, maybe lower towards 45% so when it hits the drying room doesn't hinder this phase. Then the humidity in the veg room can raise to say 60 ta 65%. ...haven't quite figured that out yet.thanks alot man look forward to your insight

Well my seeds arrived from Amsterdam, now I need to get electrical done. Then I can put my 1 inch bluboard on and set up veg room for sprout. Went with ww fem. I can't wait to start em!!

Thanks verticalgrow. 12 hrs in water 3 outa 5 sank. Bout 80 degrees, might have to pop em in medium after work. Or should I let em go 48hrs?? Anyone with opinion? ?

I would get them in dirt asap. These crazy germination methods are just that...crazy. I've always had great success just putting seeds in a pot or in the ground and keeping the top of the soil moist with a mister until it breaks ground.

Why mess with a good thing?

Okay 5 ww fem cracked 36 hours in water and now in my medium. Waiting, waiting..........room all insulated,wired mylar almost done and putting plywood on ceiling tomorrow.

New update,room temp ranging from 72 ta 82. Humidity is between 45 and 55%. Higher when I'm in room lol. All seams sealed doors on ,checked light escape and light trying to get in, happy to say light tight baby!! Amazed at my job myself lol. Bought bat guano mixed up gallon. ...1 1/2 tsp ta gallon. Won't feed em till 2 wks out. Organic. Any input iwltfum or drmranch. Kinda miss in u guys lol. Kool I will update later,peace.

New update,room temp ranging from 72 ta 82. Humidity is between 45 and 55%. Higher when I'm in room lol. All seams sealed doors on ,checked light escape and light trying to get in, happy to say light tight baby!! Amazed at my job myself lol. Bought bat guano mixed up gallon. ...1 1/2 tsp ta gallon. Won't feed em till 2 wks out. Organic. Any input iwltfum or drmranch. Kinda miss in u guys lol. Kool I will update later,peace.

My apologies. To say I've been busy would be an understatement. You're temps and humidity look good. Are you making a tea out of the bat guano or something? Is that why you're soaking it before applying it?

Yes sir I am. Says 2 ta 3 tsp per gallon but wanted to go lite at first. So that's why 1.5 tsp per gallon. Good ta hear from ya ,hope all is well.

Proud parent of baby gurl this am! 2 1/2 days in medium. Now waiting for the other four,suspect next day or 2 should be the time. Room holding 78 ta 85. Humidity settled in between 42 ta 47%. Thinking humidity will rise as they grow and watering starts. Have a cigar on me boys and girls!! Whoop whooooop!

Alrighty then.....let's see umm t12 seems to be treating seedlings just right. 7 days after being put in the medium first set leaves bout 3/4 inch long bout 1/4 wide. Have one that has three leafs every set. Nursery leafs and first set. Second set as well. Neat but very curious if you've seen this before and does it mean anything? ? Purchased t5 ho 2ft x 4ft 8 tuber,will use this when girls.get little older. Any suggestions? Givin em cap full weak guano tea (9.3.1) have meter to check moisture, pH and light intensity. Keeping soil in moist level. Keep adding medium as stems get taller,this is dun as light is reached. Okay type later. Peace out

Okay rookie question : the temperture under the light Is higher then the temperture above the light. The humidity is lower under the light then above it. Humidity is adjustable by heat. So which reading is the one that most affects the plants?

Back
Top Bottom