Plant Budding but taking long time

jfk1960

The plant is ak47 & brainwreck.

It's under a 600w HPS. It's budding but seems to be taking a long time for the buds to get big. Don't know exactly how many days.

Using Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 and Fox Farm earth castings and bat guano .01-.3-.7. I mix them together in a gallon jug and water with them bout once a week. Although I think I over did it last week b/c some leaves have been turning yellow. Stems are purple.

I think I should have pruned it better when it was younger.

I have big stems, about five near the bottom of plant.

Can I prune these big stems at bottom of plant and re-plant them or should I just keep them on plant?

I don't know how to add photo. Sorry.

It seems like this is where experience makes all the difference. I'm a first timer.

I water plant with low pH water, 7.2, whenever I think it needs it. And I put nute mix every other watering.

Any suggestions.

Well to start with time is a funny thing that is why I try and write it down helps a lot with the time factor three weeks seems like three months. Second ph is way to high unless in a completely organic soil, I know some will say adjust it down, that is up to debate. A little cal/mag will help the purple , prunning the lower branches will be fine if that is what you want as far as shape and structure of the plant. Seems like a lot of nitrogen for the budding cycle but some plants need it . Look at the top of the page will have a tutorial on uploading photos , that would help a lot. Peace OG.

Thanks for the replies.

I have started keeping a journal re all plants.

I have started being more scientific the growing process.

I have strains of tomatoes that have different needs than others.

This part seems to be more art than science. I mean it takes experience to figure out what. Hoping journal and writing down how much water, nutes exactly I add will help when I need to correct.

What I'm asking here is my main plant is clearly budding. B/c of the phos thing I used Clearex (at a low dose) but I think if I had pruned it properly when younger it would be a better plant.

There are 4 or 5 branches about 1.5" above soil that have some decent buds on them.

Can I harvest these lower branches and leave the upper branches, hoping the upper will become more robust?

If so how should I harvest them? How will it affect plant? And any other advice you guys might have?

Thanks for your time and advice.

I'm about a year in and still have a lot to learn. I thought by now I would know 70%, but I think its the other way around with 70% left to learn, if not more. Although like most, they give up b/c it's hard to learn on the fly in less than ideal conditions.

Too much Phos was def one (and prob most significant) problem. It's certainly set me back.

Thanks for the replies.

I saw the amber color of the hairs getting darker. Especially in the bottom limbs. So I decided to harvest those limbs first, that is from the bottom up.

I think if I had pruned this plant better during its veg phase I would have had better luck. Of the 2/3 of the plant I have harvested and cured for a week I have an ounce. W/o any stems, so its a good ounce.

I really think proper pruning, that is pruning the right limbs and/ or leaves at the right time has been the hardest part. This seems to be more of art than science. I really wish I had some hands on instructions when it comes to this part.

My second plant is into its flowering stage. Things got slowed down b/c i over did it with the phos. I' ve used clearex in a little more than half recommended dose for 2 weeks. Once each week. And I've started using the Tiger bloom again.

I think one of the problems was I mixed the two concentrates together, the Tiger Bloom and the Big Bloom (which is guano). And I just overdid it when watering with it.

I'm learning but it's taken a year and some high electric bills. If I had had someone here who knew what they were doing, it would have been half that time.

Back
Top Bottom