Plant just wont grow........ PLEASE HELP.

wannagethuge

I'm having some serious problems w one of my plants. It is Nirvana Seed Bank's Aurora Indica. This plant sprouted approx feb14th. ANd was doing very well. It has always looked healthy except for The older leaves starting at the bottom slowly turn yellow. and I remove them when they start to look brown. And will not grow tall.. The plant measures 4 INCHES!! wtf? on march 26th i got tired of vegging the lil thing and stuck it under 12/12. It started producing white hairs on the very top. But that's it. It's not showing any signs of height growth at all It still is only producing leaves with 5 "fingers".

pH is just below 7. I would guess a 6.8ish. I water every other day as long as the soil is not moist a few inches down. Useing marical grow organic mix potting soil and marical grow perlite. i used bottled water. And i keep it and a og kush clone under a 150w hps. temp never goes higher than 85f. stays around 78f thru the day and drops about 65f at night. I also use Schultz 10-15-10 plant food. and started MorBloom 0-10-10 when i started flowering. Also dilute to 1/4th streangth.

Attached are some photos of the plant. I also included a couple of pics of my other mature plants that have been receiving the exact same treatment and growing conditions as the problem plant.

BTW The other plants shown below are 4 days younger than the problem plant.

Thanks for any help in advance.

The problem plant:
FTP2R5MT48.jpg

O.G. Kush grown w exact same everything:
K4TOVPPSR0.jpg

1PLOPTPE01.jpg

Nivana's Mystery Strain also grown w exact same everything:
OS77MEK42W.jpg

vegd for about 1 1/2 months under 3 6500k 23w daylight cfl's. blooming under 150w hps in the early mornings starting at 8:30am until about noon then i stick them out side until 6pm-ish. then back in the room w the hps til lights out at 8:30 pm

if you planted her in that pot and havent up sized her contanier then she may bet root bound . as for the miracle grows they may also be your problem ive heard both sides of the yes it works and no dont use it so i grow hydro as you know what is in your medium and its a fast grow but when it gets bad its harder to fix. try a 50/50 perlite and " neutral soil ' mix and just give her the water no nutes for a couple days see if it helps. good luck

How deep is that pot (container). Perspective is tough to make out. It appears shallow in wich case root binding might be it but the also seem very wide. What light cycle did you have them at before flower.

do you use a ppm meter with those fertilizers? with the Schultz 10-15-10 fert you are using is that the liquid stuff? i had some of that stuff laying around the house and thought i could use it with my first grow a while a go (ha ha stupid me i know now) it seemed to be working great in vegg. but half way threw bloom all the leaves started to turn yellow on the whole plant. ( didn't know any better)

now that i know better i was surprised at how much i had been under feeding that first grow. i have been using dutch master nutes for awhile now. with the dutch master ferts in bloom. i start off with about 1100 ppm. and by close to the end i am up to using about 1700-1800 ppm ( also have the plants in soil )of nutes with just the very very tips of the leaves browning and crisping

the last couple of grows have been great ( with using dutch master nutes). so i decided to use the ppm meter to see how much nutes i was actually giving the plants with the liquid Schultz 10-15-10 fert. i was using 150% of what the bottle said on the directions for the whole grow ( veg and bloom) and the direclions talked about 7 drops of the Schultz 10-15-10 fert per leter of water and i was using about 20 drops per 2 leaters of water. i could not beleave the ppm count of that. it was at about 180 ppm.and i had been giving that to my plants all threw bloom.

if i were you spend a little more money on some nutes ( a deacent 2 part nute or something) it will make a diffrence and you're plants will love you. plus try to stay away from soil with nutes in them that time release ( just makes it harder to control the amount of ferts you give you're plants)
:goodluck:

if you planted her in that pot and havent up sized her contanier then she may bet root bound . as for the miracle grows they may also be your problem ive heard both sides of the yes it works and no dont use it so i grow hydro as you know what is in your medium and its a fast grow but when it gets bad its harder to fix. try a 50/50 perlite and " neutral soil ' mix and just give her the water no nutes for a couple days see if it helps. good luck

Thanks for the reply.

I've been giving her nothing but water for close to 2 weeks now. ive been giving her about 250ml of water everyday. thinking that the schultz and morbloom plus the m-g soil were over fertilizing, so i was trying to flush her out. The plant has always looked healthy except for yellowing of the leaves starting from the bottom and very gradually working its way up. Today Her leafs are reaching for the sky in the morning. But still absolutely no vertical growth or any noticable change besides the hairs on top.
Oh and My soil mix is 2/3 soil 1/3 perlite (both m-g).

How deep is that pot (container). Perspective is tough to make out. It appears shallow in wich case root binding might be it but the also seem very wide. What light cycle did you have them at before flower.

Its a big container. 12QT/11.36L, so I wouldn't think that the plant is root bound. The light cycle was 18/6 on all the plants.

thanks

do you use a ppm meter with those fertilizers? with the Schultz 10-15-10 fert you are using is that the liquid stuff? i had some of that stuff laying around the house and thought i could use it with my first grow a while a go (ha ha stupid me i know now) it seemed to be working great in vegg. but half way threw bloom all the leaves started to turn yellow on the whole plant. ( didn't know any better)

now that i know better i was surprised at how much i had been under feeding that first grow. i have been using dutch master nutes for awhile now. with the dutch master ferts in bloom. i start off with about 1100 ppm. and by close to the end i am up to using about 1700-1800 ppm ( also have the plants in soil )of nutes with just the very very tips of the leaves browning and crisping

the last couple of grows have been great ( with using dutch master nutes). so i decided to use the ppm meter to see how much nutes i was actually giving the plants with the liquid Schultz 10-15-10 fert. i was using 150% of what the bottle said on the directions for the whole grow ( veg and bloom) and the direclions talked about 7 drops of the Schultz 10-15-10 fert per leter of water and i was using about 20 drops per 2 leaters of water. i could not beleave the ppm count of that. it was at about 180 ppm.and i had been giving that to my plants all threw bloom.

if i were you spend a little more money on some nutes ( a deacent 2 part nute or something) it will make a diffrence and you're plants will love you. plus try to stay away from soil with nutes in them that time release ( just makes it harder to control the amount of ferts you give you're plants)
:goodluck:

I am not using a ppm meter. The schultz is the liquid stuff. It does say 7drops per quart of water/every watering. I was useing 7 per gallon once a week. I've completely stopped using the schultz about 2 weeks ago on all my plants. Except for the morbloom 0-10-10 on my OG Clone.

I will use different soil in the next go round. I was just thinking of mixing my own w 1/3 soil 1/3 sand and 1/3 perlite.

Out of curiosity what would you recommend for both soil and ferts?

BTW Thanks for the response.

thank you, kind sir.

I looked at the poll results. foxfarm - 117 votes/30.31%. followed by Misc. not named 98/25.39%. Those are close numbers for "top of the line" and "other". But i hear alot of good things of fox farm. I definitely what to give at least their soil a shot.

Do you pick up your pot and feel the weight to determine how much water is in there? That looks like a pretty big pot and watering every other day might be your problem. I usually wait until the soil gets light and dry before I water. If it's not to hot I can get away with 4 days without watering them when they're small like that. Try slowing down the watering schedule for a couple weeks.

I think its fine. Its a little slow out of the starting blocks, might have some bunched up roots or something causing a little hiccup. It does look like it could use a hair more water - hard to tell. If you're not seeing any burn or discoloration anywhere - bump up the nutes a smidge as well. SMALL CHANGES!!!

Remember, different phenos - different growth and needs for nutes.

And sometimes you just get a runt. Not the end of the world. Some of my fav plants were runts.

:peace:

I think its fine. Its a little slow out of the starting blocks, might have some bunched up roots or something causing a little hiccup. It does look like it could use a hair more water - hard to tell. If you're not seeing any burn or discoloration anywhere - bump up the nutes a smidge as well. SMALL CHANGES!!!

Remember, different phenos - different growth and needs for nutes.

And sometimes you just get a runt. Not the end of the world. Some of my fav plants were runts.

:peace:

I've cut back on the nutes thinking that may be the prob, but before that i bumped them up and it resulted in burns on some of the leaves. I'm starting to think that the plant is just a runt. How much yeild would i expect form a runt?

Do you pick up your pot and feel the weight to determine how much water is in there? That looks like a pretty big pot and watering every other day might be your problem. I usually wait until the soil gets light and dry before I water. If it's not to hot I can get away with 4 days without watering them when they're small like that. Try slowing down the watering schedule for a couple weeks.

I did cut back, and it resulted in the yellowing of the leaves slightly.

it was a slight yellowing. starting at the bottom and working up. seem to stop after i kicked the watering up.

I'm hopeing for a growth spurt, but not expecting much any more from. and maybe a gram of yeild. lol

Alot of times when they yellow from the bottom, it's the plant putting it's effort into root growth instead of above ground growth. They yellow because the plant takes nutes from the leaves to promote root development. I doubt it's root bound in that size pot, and if it's water I would guess it's over watered. Hopefully she will be fine. :peace:

Alot of times when they yellow from the bottom, it's the plant putting it's effort into root growth instead of above ground growth. They yellow because the plant takes nutes from the leaves to promote root development. I doubt it's root bound in that size pot, and if it's water I would guess it's over watered. Hopefully she will be fine. :peace:
if the root growth thing is a problem, is there anything i can do for the plant nutrient wise to make it grow above ground? The plant sprouted mid feb and its not even 5 inches tall. ive watered less, ive watered more, ive cut nutes, ive up'd nutes, moved it closer to the light, ect. and nothing helps. the plant is still the same size and shape it was when it was 2wks old. no branching out and it still is only producing leaves w 5 spikes.

Back
Top Bottom