Plant will not tolerate any smoke - True or False

Im curious to this as well. I am also doing a closet grow and I do smoke my meds in the same room as my tent. I figure any smoke that enters my tent is just being sucked out by my exhaust fan. But I dont know for sure.

i smoke in my room all the time and I have never had a problem , here are the last results.
023107.JPG
03173.JPG
:smokin:

I smoke Camel Wides while attending to my garden duties, no issues.

WillyB

I don't think smoking anything in the room is "BAD". After all smoke=Co2 and Co2 is good for plants. I've heard that excessive smoking in your grow room can cause the tar to stick to the leaves and make it harder for the plants to take in light.

I cant see how it would hurt them?Now if your smoking a pack a day in your grow room,then na that cant be good for them.

I smoke alot of butts in my home office. My grow occupies the closet just five feet away. My plants have grown unusually large for the Easy Ryder strain anyway....see for yourself:

Easy_Ryder_1.jpg

I don't think smoking anything in the room is "BAD". After all smoke=Co2 and Co2 is good for plants. I've heard that excessive smoking in your grow room can cause the tar to stick to the leaves and make it harder for the plants to take in light.

"Smoke" = CO (Carbon Monoxide.) Your body can deal with Co2 (within certain tolerances), that's why you can exhale it without dying, but Carbon Monoxide is lethal to plants and humans in large doses.

That being said, given the the amount of ventilation in most grow rooms, a couple of joints/spliffs should be a non-issue.

2011-08-07_11-17-35_709.jpg
2011-08-06_16-11-12_7771.jpg
2011-07-29_15-49-50_325.jpg

i smoke every day in my room and Im sure my fan sucks it up very fast but too much and it'd probably be like the walls of a smoke house..walls turn yellow why wouldn't plants get it on em.just a thought

walls turn yellow why wouldn't plants get it on em.just a thought

Yep. Smoke/tar sticks to just about everything. It sticks to the cooler items first. Plants "self-cool" when they transpire moisture (especially when there is air movement). They do this through tiny stomata on the underside of their leaves. Smoke sticks to- yeah, I mentioned that, lol.

You can smoke in your grow room. It's not good for the plants, the lights, the glass that covers them, any fans that might draw the smoke past their blades & motors and over time make both sticky dirt-traps, the reflective surfaces that cover the walls... or the plants. But they're tough, they'll generally survive. They can take all kinds of mistreatment.

I think sometimes our plants do well in spite of - not because of - our... care.

<SHRUGS> I guess I understand about nicotine (et cetera) addiction. If it's the only place that you are allowed(?) to smoke then you'll probably do it before you'll quit (at this point, it seems that I would, but I am able to smoke in lots of other places). But if you can smoke in the living room, the kitchen, outside... Why smoke around your plants? Regardless of whether or not it is bad for them, it sure isn't good for them.

Other than that, the risk of them getting tobacco mosaic virus from smoking in the GR and touching the plants is reasonably small. Thankfully. I can't pass a cannabis plant without touching it.

All that being said, I suppose that going outside to smoke and then visiting the GR and having the spider mites that hitched a ride on your clothes jump off and found a new borg colony probably isn't all that healthy for the plants, either;).

I knew a guy that years before had been a paratrooper. When I knew him he still jumped every chance he got. Owned and flew a small plane. Had flown helicopters (which always struck me as something that had the characteristics of a polished rock if the engine quit, lol). I met him when I was racing, saw him break a few bones doing it and later that year he was shopping for another car. We went to look at one, I parked across the street and as we were about to walk across he grabbed my arm before I could run across in front of traffic. "WtF?" I asked, and he replied, "Some things are worth taking chances on - but other times it would be silly." There have been no ashtrays in any GR I've ever had and hopefully there never will be.

Back
Top Bottom