Planting seed in rockwell cubes

fasts102376

I went and got me some rockwell cubes. my question is do i leave water in the bottom of the tray about 1\2 inch? How often do i water the cubes if u dont leave water in tray? When do i transplant cubes in to soil?
thanks

y0 fast, some people when watering starting cubes, will at first water, put half inch of water in tray, than place cubes in tray for water to soak up, when this happens put ur seeds in ur cubes, iam gonna use the expression "leg" cuz iam too much of a stoner to remember technical terms, when germinating the seed when it is ready will have this thing looks like a leg lol, but it is the main taproot, make sure its not damaged, put it in the cube leg up, makes the plant stronger, supposidly, but it wouldnt hurt to try in case its true, than water when it looks dry or no water in tray, also u can go to any hort shop and get this thing, it beeps its called a water tester, test the ammount of water in ur soil, very cheap 5 bucks at my parents nursery. the more it beeps i.e faster it beeps, the more water, some have a gauge telling u the ammount of water in percentages i believe. but anyway this works.

oh yeah, when transplanting into soil, i only did a 2 transplant method as the less shock ur plant goes through the better, so heres wats up, take that cube when rdy to transplant, just take the whole cube and put it in a 1gal pot, they are biodegradable, and the plant will grow through them no problem, than when plant gets bigger and rdy for nxt transplant, just take the whole plant and soil out of 1gal, and throw it in a 5gal, 5gal has surficed for me, through to maturing.

thanks very much 50stang 4 awhile i didnt think nobody was here anymore lol... one more thing, be4 i transplant should there b alot of roots showing?

Doesnt matter when u transplant . as long as its at least a week or so old .I like to transplant at younger ages so there arent tons of roots so i have a less of a chance of hittin the roots and putttin the plant in shock.

Back
Top Bottom