Please help diagnose

Half nute is more than enough.. too much on some...
Does it matter the size of the plant? I have only been growing for about 8 months and most of my autos have only been 12-18" tall. The last three have been at or around the 2' mark and those are the ones having this issue. So if 1/2 strength is enough does that mean when they are getting this big the issue is caused from nutes not getting where they need to go due to low Calmag?

No it doesn't matter size of plant... It's still getting same ℅ or ec...

I should explain more.. bigger plant won't take a higher ec on that alone... A higher ec (to point plant can take) feed at right time, will make that plant bigger than its Clone feed lower... But high ec on a monster may burn it, where a smaller plant of a different strain could take it and higher...
Any diff or lockout will cause a Domino like effect but it's all fairly simple/simple to correct and once corrected, everything flows how it's meant...

I should explain more.. bigger plant won't take a higher ec on that alone... A higher ec (to point plant can take) feed at right time, will make that plant bigger than its Clone feed lower... But high ec on a monster may burn it, where a smaller plant of a different strain could take it and higher...
Any diff or lockout will cause a Domino like effect but it's all fairly simple/simple to correct and once corrected, everything flows how it's meant...
Thank you for the explanation. Makes sense. So in my situation what do you think I should do. I have about 30 days left give or take. The last 14 days will be pH water only. So for the next 14 days what would you suggest to get the most out of her. Should I keep the flower nutes at 1/2 or drop to 1/4? I will be adding Calmag to the nute mixture first and I will also add 1tsp of Calmag to water only days. Do you think this is a good course of action? Or should I up the Calmag to 1.5tsp per gallon? Thanks in advance.

Stick 11/2 tsp to gal... Quarter nutes.. she'll be good...

So things are not getting better. The spots are increasing and are on almost all the leaves. This is bothering me. I have put the Calmag up to 7.5ml for the last 4 waterings. Am I just expecting things to change too quickly? Will this end up making the bud taste like crap? Like I said this has been a problem for my last 3 plants all different strains. Very annoying.

Did you flush it out first? It should have or will need to be...

Ok so I put 6 gal through the 2 gal pot pH at 6.5. I would imagine I shouldn't put anything else into her as far as nutes or Calmag? After a few days when soil dries what should I do? I mean the buds look good although she isn't putting on much sugar and the calyx have not really started swelling yet. She has been drinking alot of water since she started growing really fast about a month ago. I have to water her almost every day because she is dry and the pot is super light. Temp in tent is 75-80 and humidity this last week or so has been sitting around 50-60%.

I calibrate it once a week
Fair enough.

Glad you got her good and flushed.

It's always terrible when the girls start acting up. I know the anxiety. I have in the past had problems with powder mildew, gnats, the Borg, and some other freaking bugs just snacking on my plants. Plus the health problems that can arise due to infestation/treatment.

I think you will get her straightened out, and when you do, this particular problem will likely never show up again. Its a helluva learning curve, as you likely already know.

Peace :ganjamon:

Fair enough.

Glad you got her good and flushed.

It's always terrible when the girls start acting up. I know the anxiety. I have in the past had problems with powder mildew, gnats, the Borg, and some other freaking bugs just snacking on my plants. Plus the health problems that can arise due to infestation/treatment.

I think you will get her straightened out, and when you do, this particular problem will likely never show up again. Its a helluva learning curve, as you likely already know.

Peace :ganjamon:

Ya the thing that's pissing me off is it's been the last three plants. So its not just a one time thing. I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Uuuugggg

Id would have flushed last third with weak mix. Give her a water of ph cal.mag.... She should be right mate... Start swelling and getting some frost around now, still plenty of time... I don't know what your growing in (medium) but if this is continuing with next grow, change it for something else, lol....

Id would have flushed last third with weak mix. Give her a water of ph cal.mag.... She should be right mate... Start swelling and getting some frost around now, still plenty of time... I don't know what your growing in (medium) but if this is continuing with next grow, change it for something else, lol....
Ya I've been thinking about it maybe being the soil. But wouldn't there be signs of that during the first month of the plants life? They look amazing until they get into full flower. So that makes me think it has something to do with the nutes I'm feeding them at that point. Am I thinking correctly?

Without knowing exactly how your growing, nutes soil mix etc, I'd say your running into lockouts, most likely due to incorrect mixing...Maybe over watering.. I don't get these, so I'm not sure why or what your doing... You should be able to grow a plant in a good potting soil with plain ph water and have a healthy plant come harvest.. I'm an aussie, so can only help so far with soil amendment etc. Different names for products...

Looks nice mate... Just hitting that peak of nutrient and nitrogen. Nice Green, getting dark and leaves tips are just showing you... Healthy girl...

Looks nice mate... Just hitting that peak of nutrient and nitrogen. Nice Green, getting dark and leaves tips are just showing you... Healthy girl...
Thanks. So she is in the same soil. So I'm going to give her nothing but pH water and Calmag. I will see how long till she shows signs of issue before I give her anything.

Back
Top Bottom