Please help. i have lots of info

fillabong420

alright so its been a reallly loooong time since I've posted anything in these forums and i would be lying if i said that i didnt miss this place! lol
well like that subject dictates i need some advice on starting some seedings. i plan to pop 2 blue widow and 2 blue cheese.i plan on vegging with 4 24 watt cfl (most likely will try to find some 40 watters of blue cheeseof daylight when they get past the seedling stage) now before i go into anymore details about the rest of the grow i need to some things.

1. are my strains decent?(havent found much on blue widow but ive smoked a poorly grown batch of blue cheese)

2. if i start in jiffy peat pellets from homedepot can i transplant into soil without causing root stress?

3. the soil i have is "vigoro organic garden soil" says it feeds for up to three months i feel like that would burn my developing women. should i mix some perlite or peat moss with the soil to sorta dilute the already present nutirent concentration before transplant?

so those are my main concerns as of now. there will lots of lst and moderate supercropping and perhaps some topping hall done under the cfls for veg and then a 400w hps flowering. I also plan on using fox farms unless somebody has discovered a better nutrient since my last logins. lol thank you everyone for your responses and opinoins cause i need as much as i can get!:thanks:

Re: please help. i have lots of info.

1: Which seed company did you purchase the strains from? If you just picked them out of a bag then your inviting problems. You really should purchase seeds from reputable companies.

2. Yes.

3. Yes you should always add perlite for proper drainage and to allow the roots access to more oxygen maybe 1 part perlite for 6-8 parts soil And yes adding some peat moss or some coco coir would probably be a good idea maybe 1 part coco coir or peat moss per 4 parts soil. I would recommend coco coir personally.

I do not not use Fox Farm myself but people who grow non-organically (Fox Farm uses synthetics in a lot of their nutrients) in soil seem to like the company so I say go for it. However, if you like Fox Farm then why not return that bag of soil and buy some Fox Farm soil. Its more designed for the type of plants we grow...
Although I personally feel that if your going to grow in soil then it is a waste not to go organic. You might not get the yield but the quality, especially the taste and smell will be better. With that in mind why not try some Roots Organic nutrients, some bat guano, some seaweed, some fish hydrolysate, and some molasses (for the last 3 or 4 weeks of flower) and go organic?

Re: please help. i have lots of info.

i heard the seeds are from dinafem from what ive researched it seems like a solid company with a low herm ratio in almost all of the strains looked at. have you guys heard anything about dinafem?

i actually wanted to do a dwc setup but the constant changing of the res water would be a pain. im sort of on a low budget aswell so most of the pricey organic nutes wouldnt really work for me.perhaps after a month into the grow ill be able to purchase some of the higher end organics, but my original plan was to use the fox farm trio and supplement with some maxicrop foliar sprays. i was also thinking about adding some castings to the soil mix. my main concern with the soil i have is that is says it feeds for up to three months. it leads me to believe that nutes might not be needed and that my ladies might even possibly suffer from some burning. im not looking for insane yeilds either i just need some meds that arent tampered with or handled so much you kno? i once saw a product line a while back that had earthworm castings, sea kelp, and bat guano as their main and only ingridients. i think theyre called super tea and bud swell. are they worth giving a try? i just want soild frosty nugs with a taste that sticks! lol

hey buck, you mentioned that the pellets are often low on ph. is there a quick fix once i start seeing signs of ph deficiency?

damn so i have to abort mission..it was a nice idea but i guess its just not in the stars for me. i will post a grow journal if situation changes thanks for help and support.

one thing to consider if you start again.. i reccomend rapid rooters... they are amazing for hydro, and soil.

but if you go jiffy pellets... when you go to put it in the soil, cut the mesh off.. most people dont.. but i'v seen first hand how that mesh CAN hold back your roots... i had a few where i cut the mesh off, and a few i didnt.. and the ones i cut it off, the roots exploded out.. where on the others it was about half.

thts crazyyyy lol

Back
Top Bottom