Please Help

TheGoodness

I have a agrostar 1000 watt hps with a easy 6 air cooled hood. And it just stopped working the ballasts turns on but the bulb dosent light do hps bulbs just stop working when they are degraded enough or do they flicker. Also the bulb shows no sign of breaking or fractures anywere visible to my eye and will hot starting the light cause it to not light? Any info would be helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!:adore:

If you turn them off and on too fast, it will not ignite.Try giving it like 5 minutes after you turn it off to turn it back on.

I ignorantly used a two prong adapter and plugged a 400 w hps into an ungrounded circuit (only two slots instead of 3 in the outlet). And thereafter, the light hasnt worked and has exhibted the exact same symptoms that you're describing. I had just gotten it from a friend and tested it earlier that day in a grounded plug. No problem. I dont know if thats you're issue, but for troubleshooting purposes.

Ive also had a ballast that blew or something. Everytime I plugged it in, it tripped the breakers, and that section of the building went out. The plug also melted on the end of the prongs. It smelled burnt badly and made some electricity noise like in the cartoons lol. Refurbished pfffffff.....

Back
Top Bottom