Please look at my leaves.

Kater

This is my first grow. This is the beginning of my third week of flowering and some of the leaves on some of my plants are turning purple around the edges... I don't know what is wrong?

Leaf15.jpg

Leaf23.jpg

Re: Please look at my leaves...

It is getting down to about 58 degrees when the lights are out and up to 70 when the lights are on.

I am using 1000 hps lights. I am using Botinicare nutes - Pro Gro, Liquid Karma, Sweet. I am using Cal Mag too.

I noticed you said that you were still using pro grow 3 weeks into flowering? If so switch to BLOOM formula, catch it up with light light foliar feeding...Just the bloom 1/3 dosage. Give it couple of days..

It is getting down to about 58 degrees when the lights are out and up to 70 when the lights are on.

That is toooo cold, it shouldn't drop below 65 with the lights off and with the lights on you should be between 72-78 degrees. I would also say it's due to the cold, hope you have a way to warm it up in there. :ganjamon:

Thanks for the help. I am going to get a heater and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help. I am going to get a heater and see if that helps.

SOme minerals become less mobile at colder temps. The heater should help. Just dont put it too close to your plants.

Its a bit dry but the last line is most important:

Abstract
Molybdenum (Mo) deficiency caused killing of winter wheat seedlings during winter season in southern China has become a problem limiting wheat yield. The effects of low temperature (-5°C-0°C) on Mo deficiency of winter wheat seedlings (Triticum aestivum L. var. “Lumai22”) were investigated in a pot experiment with an acid soil. After induction by low temperature, symptoms of Mo deficiency appeared quickly in whole plants of no Mo (-Mo) treatment, especially in lower leaves. Molybdenum deficiency increased the rate of K+ leakage at 9 h and 24 h after cold treatment in lower and upper leaves respectively. Nitrate reductase activity decreased with - Mo treatment under low temperature conditions, free amino acid content decreased corresponding to it. Total soluble sugar and sucrose contents in functional and primary leaves were raised in - Mo treatment as a whole. After low temperature treatment, total soluble sugar and sucrose content in functional leaves of Mo deficient plants dropped, while those in primary leaves increased, indicating sugar transported from old leaves to primary leaves where sugar is not enough. Mo deficiency had less influence on superoxide dismutase, and catalase activity, however peroxidase activity raised by - Mo treatment under low temperature. It is concluded that Mo deficiency has a close relationship with low temperature induction.

Are you running your lights at night, when ambient temps are the coldest?

If you aren't, you might be able to avoid getting a heater by doing so.

I do run the lights at night. The intake and out-take fans run 24/7. I was thinking that maybe I should turn them off for a few hours during the day when the lights are out and it gets the coolest in the room. Any reason to not turn the fans off for a few hours when the lights are out?

Watch for higher humidity and any problems if any that may happen other than that it should be OK, maybe leave a small fan to circulate air slightly...

Plants need fresh air in the dark also, so turning all the ventilation off is probably not good.

Instead of a heater, which is going to use around 1500w of energy, you could raise the temp by using a large seedling heat mat.

There is a 20" X 20" that uses 40w or so, and it will keep the roots warm when the lights are off. If you keep the roots warm, the rest of the plant can tolerate the cold much better.

I have exactly the same issue you do during the winter months, and a large heat mat solved it for me without using a 1200-1500w heater.

Plus, you can use it under clones and seedlings when it's not doing heater duty.

Plants need fresh air in the dark also, so turning all the ventilation off is probably not good.

Instead of a heater, which is going to use around 1500w of energy, you could raise the temp by using a large seedling heat mat.

There is a 20" X 20" that uses 40w or so, and it will keep the roots warm when the lights are off. If you keep the roots warm, the rest of the plant can tolerate the cold much better.

I have exactly the same issue you do during the winter months, and a large heat mat solved it for me without using a 1200-1500w heater.

Plus, you can use it under clones and seedlings when it's not doing heater duty.

What a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom