Please voice your opinion

TiggerGrrr

Hello everyone.

This question is in regard to cultivating, law enforcement, the business side of MM, and over all potential for a decent quality of living. I was wondering if you had the choice to live anywhere you wanted.

Under the current laws and circumstances in the states. In order to continue promoting the Medical Marijuana industry and work it into mainstream society, which state would you choose to be involved in the business. I know California is popular but it's expensive. Also, if you go 50 miles off the coast, the thinking towards marijuana is not much different than where I live in the southeastern part of the US. I spent 4 months in California visiting family and checking it out in 2009. Colorado seems like the next most progressive alternative but they are in the process of squeezing out all the smaller folks in order to maintain control. So much for capitalism in Colorado.

I just wondered whats going on in your neck of the woods and your thoughts.

Take care and thanks!

Colorado

But if you are in it for profit do not come to the front range. (Fort Collins in the North down to Denver then down to Colorado Springs). Way oversaturated with dispensaries, one of the reasons the State people are freaking out a little. Dispensaries are almost like Starßucks, they are everywhere.

In the mountains this is what Colorado has started to do:

Colorado ski town allows marijuana - Telegraph

If I could afford to move up the hill I would be in Breckenridge tomorrow.

WillyB

I just got a message left on my voicemail from the PR lady for the Colorado Dept. of Revenue. She said I had to have 2 years established residency before I could move forward with a location to grow and dispense.

Colorado

Option 1: You can still be a caregiver to 5 patients without a dispensary, that is 30 plants. If you can't make $$ off of 30............. Sell to your 5 patients at going rate and the extra lbs you get sell to a dispensary already operating.

Option 2: Work as a grower (employee) for an already established Disp.

70% of meds sold in a dispensary need to come from a disp owned grow. The other 30% is from private growers.

Like I said tho, the front range is saturated with dispensaries atm. I considered going in with a friend on one but after research passed. I grow my own and for a couple of other mmj patients. I sell the extra to my friends disp.

WillyB

Thanks WillyB

I bring investment capitol and a degree in Plant & Soil Science/Bus Admin. to the table. Along with a lot of experience. I realize many people can grow and operate without that however to consistently be in the top 3% in quality and volume does make the learning curves a little better. To me it's pro or no go.

Unfortunately a lot of people still have to be scared about all this industry. It is an industry. I only got 3 replies instead of everyone jumping in and bringing awareness to their region for fear of the law. It's all in here though. I've been seeing some posts.

im movin to alaska from florida i think they still need to work out the kinks cause i dont think they allow disp in ak but mmthey do . if im wrong someone let me know so i can work on a business plan to start one up.

Back
Top Bottom