Police Blitz On 'Cannabis Cafes'

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
UK- Social clubs acting as fronts for "cannabis cafés" have been shut down in the latest police squeeze on drug dealers.

A former post office in Westbury Avenue and another shop in Lordship Lane, Wood Green, had been operating as sham "shops" for many months, but the only product on offer was cannabis, said Sergeant Andy Underwood, head of the Noel Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team.

Sergeant Underwood added: "It has been a concerted effort by the team. We have been working on it for quite a long time, and it is one of our ward priorities.

"We are quite pleased. It was a lot of money that was going through there. It was a busy place, and they will be looking to recoup that, no doubt.

"We have got to make sure that they don't start dealing outside the premises now."

The Westbury Avenue premises was shut down and sealed up last week, while the Lordship Lane premises has been shut for some time, said the sergeant.

He added: "They had a front of a café, but there was no legitimate selling going on there; there was no stock in there to be sold.

"We identified the landlords and worked with the council, executed search warrants, arrested three people and closed down the premises. It was quite a good result.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Journal 24
Copyright: 2008 Archant Regional Limited

Does Britain acknowledge medical marijuana and have any sort of programs? Seems as though the British Isles are in a full out assault on marijuana use.

Let's see they shut down a thriving business. Deprived the customers of something they were willing to pay for. Arrested more people to put in jail for no reason other than a stupid law. Sounds like the US we have the same problem but we are surley working on it!

to quote an old saying There is safety in numbers! Lets get together and stop the madness!

...Arrested more people to put in jail for no reason other than a stupid law. ...
I've got mixed feelings about that.

The law is dumb, the legislature should legalize pot.

But, I'm can't argue with a cop who enforces the law. When my side wins, I want the cops to enforce the laws we pass. I'm not comfortable with cops who take it on themselves to decide "its a dumb law, I won't enforce it". Even when they're right, it IS a dumb law.

Its a bummer that these people got busted.
Its a bummer that we have a stupid law that the legislative branch doesn't repeal.

But cops who enforce the law...they're doing what I pay them to.

I am not speaking against cops they are doing what the job calls for. They started with the instructions to Protect and Serve but our leaders changed it to Puninsh and Enslave I say the leaders are at fault.

Back
Top Bottom