Poor dudes grow box for reals

guitron1988

Hey this is my poor dudes grow box, I built this with an old table i had outside got a psu from my old computer,Y Adapter with a plug in light adapter, two computer fans and some aluminum foil.

Now im only using this for the veg stage im going to make a bigger box when i have some more wood

Tell me what you think.

Picture0084.jpg

Picture0134.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

:thanks::rollit:

Looks good! Are you using the right light spectrum (6500k or daylight) for Veg? Maybe get 2 more splitters so you can have 4 CFLs or wire them directly to the power cord. If you wire them directly you can mount them on their side with no socket to save a little room. It looks like your using the 60 or 75 watt equivalent CFLs, ( 60 watts @ 630 lumens - 100 watts @ 1400 lumens) <--- see the jump. Go for the biggest one you can (in the correct spectrum). Get the energy star rated kind... more lumens for less watts. Lowes has them. If you go to Wal-Mart or Target... in the sporting goods department get an emergency blanket for like $1 - $2, it has a 70% efficiency rating for reflectivity and will not create hot spots like the foil.

Check out this thread if you want to wire CFLs directly... What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing?

Good luck from one poor dude to another!

Yea im planning on getting better lights when ever i have some $, wally world is like 45 minutes away from are town so ill prob end up taking the bus , the lights i have are 27watts and i got 2 of them right now. You know what ill just take the ones in my girlfriends house.

It looks good, but you need to find a way to shield the air holes from light. That box needs to be pitch black when the interior lights aren't on or you risk messing things up pretty bad.

If the box is only for veg the light leaks won't really matter that much. Flowering is when you need to be concerned about light leaks.

Reminds me of my growbox I built a couple years ago. Good Luck!!

yo whats up i havnt been on in a while internet got cut off.. oma get some pictures up so u can see my other grow box
lol can't wait for the pics. :grinjoint:

I built a grow box using the bottoms that come with the case of waters and tin foil after looking at this thread :) Added a PC fan and I was the proud owner of a ghetto grow box. Got my seedlings all going nicely so :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom