If Hydro, Reservoir size? 6 gallon pot
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? Room temp water used for watering
If Hydro, what type of Medium? GH Coco Coir
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Approximately 4:1 Coco:perlite
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 Mars Hydro Old Model 300x1
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 74-76
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45-52%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Watering with 5.7-5.9 Always as close to 5.8 as I can get without ruining the batch of nutes.
Any Pests? None.
How Often are you Watering? 2x a day Approx 80 ounces/2.3L of water morning, 65-70 ounces 1.9-2.0L of water evening.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Not allowed to say the name, I use a 3 part synthetic/chemical nute.
Grow has a 2-1-6
Bloom has a 0-5-4
Micro has a 5-0-1
Also supplementing 3/4 TBSP/gal Cal Mag
Size or Square Footage of Room? Room is 3'x2'x7' 91cm x61cm x213cm
Square feet: 6
Cubic feet: 42
My water PH is normally 7.2 from the tap, but recently has increased to 8.1-8.2.
I do not own, or use a PPM/EC meter, so I don't have those readings to offer :(

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. But I wanted to ask before something goes south.

Coco was rinsed until my water ran clear, then the grow continued as normal.

I feed nutes daily. Mixed at 1/2-3/4 strength. Twice a day. I mix a gallon of nutes, and water using a little over half of the mix in the morning, and the rest in the evening. I always PH nutes to as close to 5.8 as possible, anything 5.7-5.9 is acceptable and has been used.

I also checked runoff constantly. I would check the first batch of runoff, then would check the entire batch collected.

Drainage has always been amazingly good. I used to water once a day, with a full gallon, and would get approximately 2/3-3/4 of the water/nutes back as runoff. I learned some new information, and started breaking up that gallon into 2 waterings each day, and runoff was always right around the same range as the water/nutes. I still get back this same ratio when watering now twice a day.

About a week ago, my runoff started creeping up a bit. Nutes @ 5.8, runoff started coming out at 6.2. Then runoff was 6.4 a couple days later. I PH'ed nutes down to 5.4, thinking maybe the buffer was a little off, and this had ZERO effect on runoff, which actually came out higher, at 6.4.

Today, the runoff is now at 6.8. I flushed with 4 gallons of water PHed to 5.6-5.8 (I figured it was a flush,, so close enough, and I used it) with the final gallon I used being @ 5.8.

The runoff PH hasn't budged, and is still 6.8 after just completing the flush.

As for the plant, it looks ok, but when the runoff PH reached 6.4, it was 2 or 3 days later, I again noticed signs of a Calcium deficiency just starting on the leaves, very, very small dots, about the size of a period in a sentence on a PC screen . . .

The plant actually appears to have a slight N toxicity going on, so I am assuming the nutrient mix, and frequency of feedings are plenty, and I've been using a little less N at each feeding now by reducing Micro.

This deficiency so far has not progressed past that, and it's been a couple days, but again, I'd rather ask, and find out I don't need help and everything is ok, than not ask, and later find out I needed advice.

IMG_20150228_185445_282.jpg

:Namaste:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom