Extremely high ec/ppm in runoff

tokeycones

so i got a little lazy/busy lately and havn't been watering to runoff as i have to move evrything around empty trays ect not an efficient setup for dtw. i decided to run 10% runoff and test and i was upwards of 2500 ppm . should i flush or just rush water with no nutes for afew days?

How do the plants look? Any pics

I believe you are running coco, right? If you are, yes you need runoff!
Just reduce your nutes in solution.
You can flush with that solution and begin watering to 20 to 30% runoff till your numbers drop.

I normally don't check my runoff, but have a few times during the early stages of this run and I get about the same ppm as I input. My pH does rise, but still in the acceptable range, which for me is 5.8 to 6.25.

Plants look fine mate or i would have been checking runoff to see whatup haha just seems weird man one plant was 3400

I believe you are running coco, right? If you are, yes you need runoff!
Just reduce your nutes in solution.
You can flush with that solution and begin watering to 20 to 30% runoff till your numbers drop.

I normally don't check my runoff, but have a few times during the early stages of this run and I get about the same ppm as I input. My pH does rise, but still in the acceptable range, which for me is 5.8 to 6.25.
thanks mate, so just feed a light strength for a while until the runoff comes back down ?

thanks mate, so just feed a light strength for a while until the runoff comes back down ?

That what I would do.
Not sure what your setup is like but remember, Less is More!
Sounds as if you are running you solution at too high a rate. I run Canna A&B nutes @ 200 to 250 ppm in veg and 300 to 350 in flower. I am 5 days into flower and running three cycles per hour light period, after everything is added, A&B, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, Boost, Rapid Start, Drip Clean and Clear Rez, my total ppm is as of today 443 ppm or approx. 0.9 EC.
20190204_205031 (2).jpg

As MMM said, do you have pics.

300-350 seems so low would probably be 1/5th of the feedchart for my nutrient brand. i have no fresh pics but my plants are no different from the last ones i uploaded they are healthy maybe a little much N

Attachments

• SCROG.jpg
    SCROG.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 130
300-350 seems so low would probably be 1/5th of the feedchart for my nutrient brand. i have no fresh pics but my plants are no different from the last ones i uploaded they are healthy maybe a little much N

Well that is JMHO!
If your doing multiple watering's per light cycle, then it is a constant feed. You feed multiple times at the full rate you are asking for problems.

Just water to runoff everyday and you won't need to check your waste

Yep, make sure you have enough runoff the wash unused nutes out of the system.

Well that is JMHO!
If your doing multiple watering's per light cycle, then it is a constant feed. You feed multiple times at the full rate you are asking for problems.

Yep, make sure you have enough runoff the wash unused nutes out of the system.
i water every 24 hours?

i water every 24 hours?

Then your not getting the benefits of coco, you treat coco like soil and you will not be successful.
But if your successful good for you.
If not watering to runoff even with your program, then you need too.
JMHO

Then your not getting the benefits of coco, you treat coco like soil and you will not be successful.
JMHO
how is watering daily to runoff treating coco like soil lol ???

JMHO
A little info on maybe how often you feed ect instead of just telling me im doing it wrong would be great. Whatever constant feed your doing the plants i saw in your photo's look burnt to hell, cheers

Yep I did have some burning, was from over fert at the wrong time. My buddy took care of the plant when I had to go out of town for a few weeks. I had just put together the new irrigation system, I made 2 large tub of nutes for him but my system fucked up and dumped those large totes of nutes in two cycles, totally flooded my tent. He had to make the nutes up and overdid it big time causing lockout.
At present I am running 3 cycles during the 12 hr light period, at 300 ppm of Canna A&B, 1.25 mins, 1 min and the final is 1.75 minutes.
You said you water once a day, you did not say you got any runoff. That was the reason for my comment about running like soil.
Did not mean to hurt your feelings.

Yep I did have some burning, was from over fert at the wrong time. My buddy took care of the plant when I had to go out of town for a few weeks. I had just put together the new irrigation system, I made 2 large tub of nutes for him but my system fucked up and dumped those large totes of nutes in two cycles, totally flooded my tent. He had to make the nutes up and overdid it big time causing lockout.
At present I am running 3 cycles during the 12 hr light period, at 300 ppm of Canna A&B, 1.25 mins, 1 min and the final is 1.75 minutes.
You said you water once a day, you did not say you got any runoff. That was the reason for my comment about running like soil.
Did not mean to hurt your feelings.
You didn't but when i get afew comments offering no info just criticism lol kind of expected.

Back
Top Bottom