Possible Nitrogen Def. Comfirmation

Smetties

image26260.jpg

Untitled164.jpg

Ok so I know picture quality isnt the greatest its a iphone so bear with me. Most of my leaf steams have turned a reddish purple and then most of my upper leaf tips are starting to yellow a little then this leaf shown in the picture it weird you might not be able to see it from the picture but those spots that look weird are like a purple color too. So i figured with reddish stems a little yellowing tips is a nitrogen deficiency I just planned on adding a little of my veg nutes in when I feed her today to get some extra nitrogen in there to see if that helps. If anyone else has any ideas on whats wrong or what it is if I am wrong let me know please.

ps. just incase any one wants to know what nutes I use right now she normally gets fed on gh's schedule at full strength floranova bloom, liquid koolbloom, rapidstart. and floralicious plus

Thanks guys

Leaf stem, or petiole color is somewhat normal. It is not related to N def.

Nitrogen def will show on the oldest growth first, usually the lowest leaves on the plant, they slowly turn yellow, then dry up and fall off.

This looks like nute burn, or heat stress.

More info about your grow would be helpful. Click and fill in everything please: How to Ask for Grow Support

What Strain is it? unknown bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? uknown
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 3 weeks today
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? mg garden organic
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 8 100watt cfl on top 2 150watt cfl for side and 1 purple fluorescent grow light for side
Is it Air Cooled? fan blow on them
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? currently 71f
RH of Room/Cabinet? currently 48%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.9
Any Pests?none
How Often are you Watering? 2-3 times a week when needed 1 liter per watering
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? full strength on gen hydro guide week 7 today running floranova bloom liquid koolbloom rapidstart and floralicious plus
Size or Square Footage of Room? uhh its my laundry room so like 14foot x 8foot

ok so i seen nute burn before i burnt the male i had growing a little in veg but the stems coloring and leaf tips yellowing and the weird red purple like spots/decay its weird is all i can say it all started at the same time which is what made me think it was all related.

MG soil might be a little hot, and with added nutes, that can cause some nute burn.
Are you seeing any tips of leaves that look brown/tan like they've been burned?

For the lights, are these CFL bulbs 100 watts power used, or 100 watt equivalent? 1100 watts in CFLs would be insane lol.

71F is decent, but is that temp taken after the lights have been on a while? And where in the grow box is the temp being taken? The thermometer should be as close to the same height of the plant as possible.

RH is good for flower.

Oh and 3 gallon pots are decent! Good call man. A lot of people start with a pot that's less than a gallon.

Are you PH'ing water/nutes to 6.5?
PH isn't bad, but could be tweaked a little.

Watering 2-3 times a week seems like it could be a little too often. This is how I check when I need to water.

Step 1. Surface of the soil in my pot must be 100% dry, without any trace of moisture.
Step 2. Lift pot daily until it feels very light, but not until the leaves start to wilt. Usually I'll get to a point where the pot feels pretty light. So I wait 1 more day after that, and then water.

Watering in this flood/dry cycle forces the roots to keep growing in search of water, so each time you water after drying them out, you have a ton more roots soaking up water and nutrients. In my 6-7 gallon pots I only water once every 6 days. I would guess that your pot might be around 4 days between waterings.

If you can take pictures of all the issues you're describing, it could also be helpful.

But right now, if all the info is accurate, I'm leaning towards it being a little nute burn.

And has it advanced any more since the last pictures?

So yeah the mg soil is the organic kind so it doesn't have nutes in it only lime for ph... And yes those are equivalents on my cfls. Also I only water about every 4 days like you said only evey now and then when the girl sucks it down too fast do I give her a little bit in between. The signs have not gotten any worse just stayed the same I will check her again tomorrow cause today was weekly feeding day and when I fed her i lightened the nutes up just a hair

Back
Top Bottom