Possible Phosphorus and Potassium deficiency, looking for second opinion.

capcapcaptain

Av. Temp: 60
Humidity: 40-50%
Nutes: Here's what I use, it's a cheap 10-15-10
"Viro Multi Purpose Liquid Plant Food"
(10-15-10 with 0.1 iron, 0.05 magnesium & 0.05 Zinc)

Guaranteed minimum analysis
Total Nitrogen: 10%
Available phosphoric acid: 15%
Soluble Potash (K20): 10%
Iron (Fe) (chelated) (actual): 0.05%
Manganese (Mn) (chelated) (actual): 0.05%
Zinc (Zn) (chelated) (actual): 0.05%

Inside plants
Add 7 drops (0.53ml) per litre of water when watering your plants

Soil: Foxpro
Cont: 2gal
Pests: None
Strain: White Widow

I've got all the reference charts and have gone over all of them, and this seems to be a combination of various things. This is my 3rd grow, so I know the basics, I'm just looking for a bit more insight from you pros. I do plan on grabbing up some better nutrients, so if that's the fix, we're all set :)

I'm thinking it's a Phosphorus and Potassium deficiency, let me know if you feel differently.

IMG_20150128_103820.jpg

Hmmm... That might be the ticket then. 6 is too low for soil. Around 6.5 is where Phos gets absorbed and 6.0 for Patassium. So if you are at 6 you can give it all the P and K in the world and it won't absorb it. Take a look at this chart. For soil, 6.5 is the magic number that captures all the nutes.

Nutrient_Chart24.gif

Thanks a lot Dan, I really appreciate the insight!

I checked the nutrient water and it's between 6.8 and 7 (Probably lower, but I need a new kit)
The run-off water is below 6.8.

I need to get a better testing kit because the one I have bottoms out at 6.8. I'll update after I pick up a better kit.

I checked the nutrient water and it's between 6.8 and 7 (Probably lower, but I need a new kit)
The run-off water is below 6.8.

I need to get a better testing kit because the one I have bottoms out at 6.8. I'll update after I pick up a better kit.

What type of kit are you using where it bottoms out at 6.8???

Looks more like k - potassium to me but i would think that would be a little odd in veg, perhaps P -phosphorus but not your standard looking p def ?

Could be another one tho !

I'm not sure on what ratio of nutrients used yet whether you are using full rate or 1/2 strength etc ? might suggest under feeding ?

leavedeficiencies22.jpg
soil_ph_nutrient_availability.jpg

I would more than likely look around for a better nutrient solution as what ya using doesn't really contain enough micro nutrients for good plant health :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom