Posted in wrong spot at first - Just Freaking out!

anxious wait

Hello all, I am new here, been reading a lot on the subject but need some advice! I am a light smoker, maybe one hitter once a week or twice tops. I smoked one 16 days ago because I had NO IDEA that I was about to find my dream job and even get the offer for it. I had to go today to take a drug test, I saw that coming, but just didn't know how fast it would! I have been drinking a lot of green tea and water, especially today before the test, and I am also 50 years old and slightly over weight. What are the odds I passed it..so worried here! My son seems to think I am fine, as a matter of fact a couple of months ago, I smoked about a 1/2 of a one hit on a Saturday and drug tested on a Monday and passed, so what are my odds this time.... this job is oh so much more important!! HELP PLEASE!!

Best thing to do at this point is relax. All that could have been done is. If you were supposed to get that job you will. Have a drink and chill. Positive thoughts never hurt so jut keep telling yourself all is good.
Best of luck.

Hello all, I am new here, been reading a lot on the subject but need some advice! I am a light smoker, maybe one hitter once a week or twice tops. I smoked one 16 days ago because I had NO IDEA that I was about to find my dream job and even get the offer for it. I had to go today to take a drug test, I saw that coming, but just didn't know how fast it would! I have been drinking a lot of green tea and water, especially today before the test, and I am also 50 years old and slightly over weight. What are the odds I passed it..so worried here! My son seems to think I am fine, as a matter of fact a couple of months ago, I smoked about a 1/2 of a one hit on a Saturday and drug tested on a Monday and passed, so what are my odds this time.... this job is oh so much more important!! HELP PLEASE!!
Being a light smoker you should be fine with just dilution the morning of the test.
Drink 36 ounces of gatorade the morning of the test
Pee 3 or 4 times before the test
When taking the test
Pee a little in the toilet first
Pee 2 ounces in the collection cup
Pee the rest in the toilet.

Thanks for that, makes me feel a little better. I am however still waiting on the test results...it's been a little more than 24 hours and since I don't as of yet have a start date, just the offer pending background (which is fine) and the drug screen, I am not sure what else to do... I am constantly on here looking for feedback, and I know I just have to wait....think the wait is bout to kill me!

Usually takes 3 days to get the results back and then usually the companies drag their feet a little about hiring so it takes a little while. I would call human resources monday and just ask when your start date is. Mention nothing about the drug test. Eployers like people who are anxious to go to work.

Back
Top Bottom