PPm help

budculture

Hey all, I know the info I need is posted here somewhere, but I'm too lazy and stoned to search for it so I'll just ask.:)
I have a DWC setup w/ 4 containers of 4 gal each and a 4gal rez/controller. I'm using BC grow & boost at about 300ppm w/ a little Thrive Alive B-1 and Dark energy in there and minute amounts of H2O2 and GH FloroShield.
Water temps are 65-70 and PH is 6.5-6.7.
My question is, what is a good PPM reading for marijuana in DWC? I've heard 1/4 to 1/2 strength whatever that means. Half of what? I've been conservative to avoid burn so far , but I don't want to starve them.
They're doing well( no root rot as I had thought...) and on the 5th day of 12/12, but I 'm having to sex them (baggseed start) and I may reveg depending who the males are. I'm staying with veg nutes until I find the sex and then I was going to do a nute change and go to a bloom formula. Do I change the PPM then as well? What would be a good PPM for this? Thanks in advance, but if everyone's too stoned or lazy to answer, I totally understand!
lol :)
Pictures at my gallery
Peace...:ganjamon:

Thanks for the info Boss. I'll go with the 900 PPM. That probably explains my relatively slow growth. That is, slow compared to some I've seen on this site. It's flyin' compared to outdoor.
Also, Boss, since I'm doing a CFL grow, I've been taking your advice on lights and I upped my Frankenfixture to 12 bulbs and they make a 150 watt equiv in 3500k that puts out 2600 lumens. I'm going to rig it up with these for flowering which will give me 31,200 and keeping them < 4" from plants should give me sufficient lumens, I hope. Found a cool lumen calc. on Cannabis Culture Forum too. Don't know how accurate the numbers are, but if they are, proximity to the plants can more than make up for initial lumens it seems. I'll take some photos to show you my homemade fixture. It was pretty easy to make and I may make some more for Veg cab & mother cab.
Thanks again for all your help bro.
Peace https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/jointma4.gif

"The man who wants nothing, has everything he wants."

Very cool. Remember, from the heat tests I did, the 26w bulbs are 50% more efficient in heat output. The larger ballast eats wattage and creates more heat. 2 100watt eq's will do you better then 1 150w eq in light to heat ratio. For 10 more watts you get 1000 more lumens and almost the same heat output.

I agree about the PH being too high. The 6.5-6.7 range is less than optimum for marijuana. You should try to keep it right around 6.0.

Thanks all, I've dropped my PH to 6.0 or so and going with 900 ppm. It's seems to be working well. Things are growing quickly and filling up my screen. I'm already looking forward to my next grow to use all my new found knowledge to really get it right! On the plus side my nute PPM and Ph have stayed consistent as the level drops , so I guess that's good. Decided to stay with the BC bloom and boost since it seems to be working well, although next time I may try organic. Maybe even making my own compost tea since I have a nice compost bin crankin' it out, although I don't know much about that yet.
Also adding a little Dark Energy amino supplement. Anyone heard anything good or bad about this stuff?
Thanks again y'all.
Peace:ganjamon:

"the man who wants nothing, has everything he wants."

Back
Top Bottom