Pre-Employment Drug Test - CannAmm Procedures?

BiggerB

420 Member
I have found out I need to pass a pre-employment drug test for a job. The lab will be a CannAmm lab - does anyone have experience with this? Will I have privacy to give the urine sample so can use clean urine or will I be watched? This is a standard test, not one because of a previous positive or a safety related job. Thanks.

No experience with the company, but:

For all drug testing procedures:

You’ll need a government-issued photo identification.
You’ll be tested by highly experienced, respectful professionals who fully understand the importance of getting accurate results.
Our staff are highly trained and follow standardized testing protocols – each individual that visits us is treated the same way and goes through the same processes.
It’s important to listen to the certified collector that’s conducting your test – failure to co-operate during the collection or testing process will result in a refusal to test.
We will do our very best to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
As per company policy, children will not be allowed in the collection room, and will only be allowed in the waiting room if supervised by someone other than the donor or CannAmm staff.

If you’re giving a urine sample:

You’ll have to remove your outer clothing, empty your pockets, and show the items. It’s best to bring as little extra items as possible into the specimen collection site.
We’ll secure your personal items and any unacceptable items (e.g., knives, lighters) until we’re done.
You’ll be required to provide a freshly voided urine sample. It will be tested immediately, with the certified collector checking for:
Unexpected temperature
Unexpected volume
Unusual colour
Unusual odour
Presence of foreign objects or material
Tampering, adulteration, or substitution
If any of the above are found, we’ll need you to provide a second urine sample or, possibly, undertake an observed collection.
Preparing for Your Drug Testing Procedure | CannAmm

Also:
What is a direct observation and when is it required?

A direct observation procedure is a routine collection procedure with the additional requirement that a same-gender observer watches the employee urinate into the collection container. An observed collection is required when the employer directs the collector or collection site to conduct a collection under direct observation, when a collector observes materials brought to the collection site, the employee’s conduct clearly indicates an attempt to tamper with the specimen, or the temperature of the urine sample is out of range.
Frequently Asked Questions | CannAmm

That makes it sound like a standard test will have privacy. Thanks! Would still love to hear from anyone who has gone to this lab.

Back
Top Bottom