Pre-employment testing

wantthejob

So I've basically been offered a job at NYU but am required to take a drug test w/ LabCorp sometime this month. If it's just a common urine test then I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be out of my system. However, if it's a hair follicle test then I feel like I'm screwed.

It's been almost a month since I last smoked. Before that I've smoked probably three to six times a month going back a few months. From what I understand the follicle tests are tested for a ninety day history.

I guess my question is: does anyone know which test NYU, or similar schools for that matter, employs? Just a urine test, hair follicle, what?

Thank you VERY much in advance!

I've never heard of a hair follicle test to get a job in my life. It'll probably be a piss test, so don't get too worried.

I've never heard of a hair follicle test to get a job in my life. It'll probably be a piss test, so don't get too worried.

I live in BFE and they're commonly used around here. Not for fast food level employment, but for plants, factories, etc.

NYU isn't fast-food level employment, either.

Why not just call and ask them what form of drug screening they use? (Using a different telephone number, of course.) Or... LabCorp probably won't disclose that information in response to a direct query, but like most businesses, they may well help you out; call them early in their business day in a panic because you're supposed to go there for a test for NYU and you've got a bladder infection / kidney stone / bruised kidneys & bloody urine / whatever and ask them if that will cause problems with the test. Chances are, the person that you talk to will either say, "No, those things don't affect a urine test," or, "Don't worry about it because for an NYU test we'll just remove a few hairs." (Hopefully it won't be the latter.)

You could always have every hair removed from your body that meets the minimum length requirement. But it'd look "slightly" suspicious.:grinjoint:

Good luck!

Not the first time I was proven wrong... Haha.

My buddy is the IT manager for the county fire dept. They do piss tests, so I just took a guess. My bad on the wrong information.

So I've basically been offered a job at NYU but am required to take a drug test w/ LabCorp sometime this month. If it's just a common urine test then I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be out of my system. However, if it's a hair follicle test then I feel like I'm screwed.

It's been almost a month since I last smoked. Before that I've smoked probably three to six times a month going back a few months. From what I understand the follicle tests are tested for a ninety day history.

I guess my question is: does anyone know which test NYU, or similar schools for that matter, employs? Just a urine test, hair follicle, what?

Thank you VERY much in advance!
I would look around for a follicle shampoo if you are worried. And call lab corp as someone else suggested. I know a friend of mine used one for a plant job, and had no problems. good luck

thanks everyone for the feedback. I was informed today that it's a urine test, so I think I'm in the clear.

Just to make sure though: it's been five or six weeks since I last smoked. I passed an at home test from Target two and a half weeks ago w/ a faint line (took it right after I woke up). I imagine I'm pretty much in the clear, but would anyone recommend me doing anything else before the test tomorrow?

Thanks!

thanks everyone for the feedback. I was informed today that it's a urine test, so I think I'm in the clear.

Just to make sure though: it's been five or six weeks since I last smoked. I passed an at home test from Target two and a half weeks ago w/ a faint line (took it right after I woke up). I imagine I'm pretty much in the clear, but would anyone recommend me doing anything else before the test tomorrow?

Thanks!

Drink plenty of water and take a couple multi vitamins

Hello, I have a question. I was called by a staffing agency stating they have a job opening at NYU For customer service/financial aid dept. I had a phone interview the next day, then a few days after, I was offerered the job. The job starts in the end of this month. THey mentioned nothing about a drug test, I smoke pot. Will they give me a drug test once I go there?

Back
Top Bottom