President Obama's Deputy Drug Czar Tom McClellan Comments in USA TODAY Article

The article states that the Pharmaceutical companies want to put the "secret sauce" of cannabis into a PILL format.

The have no interest in growing. A PILL equals $$$ for them, all scientific and shit.

SF

The only problem with them putting it into a pill form is that its not just one active substance that makes up the therapeutical effect. Hell I even find the aroma of cannabis to be soothing its like my own personal aromatherapy.

Because of my injuries I personally even need the extra fibre from eating cannabis as it keeps my stomach from getting really knotted up so I kinda doubt that pharmaceutical companies will ever be able to create a single pill that can do everything cannabis does with no ill effects.

Not to mention the fact that once they admit cannabis is medicinally beneficial unless they are going to make tobacco illegal it will be very hard to convince people to buy a pill when they could grow there own plants.

I know I consider it a waste of money to pay a company to exract the medicinal parts of cannabis to make it safer then smoking because I only eat my bud which is the safest form of medicating .

The article states that the Pharmaceutical companies want to put the "secret sauce" of cannabis into a PILL format.

The have no interest in growing. A PILL equals $$$ for them, all scientific and shit.

SF

Exactly...:roorrip:

The hardest part of them being able to market such a pill would be the cost for them to get people to purchase it they would have to make it cheaper then growing your own cannabis. And when I think of the fact that I go thru up to 10g/day and my cost to grow my own is about $10/oz and I really doubt that pharmaceutical companies understand how cheap it is for us to grow our own.

The thing is if cannabis was never made illegal it would probably be worth about the same as any other agricultural produce of which most are a couple hundred dollars a ton not per ounce and if it werent illegal cannabis would probably have an equal value.

The current medications they tout as being "safe" are mostly anything but. Synthetic opiates in particular have adverse side effects on the body as well as creating addictions to the point of physical dependence and in carrying with that a heavy potential for abuse.

Cannabis is kept illegal in the interest of monetary gain on many levels. One of them being there are a lot of people employed in the R&D, sale, and application of poor man-made substitutes. :peace:

Cannabis is kept illegal in the interest of monetary gain on many levels. One of them being there are a lot of people employed in the R&D, sale, and application of poor man-made substitutes. :peace:

:bump: :bump:

Which brings us to the heart of the underlying message of this article!

Nicely worded Roo!
SF

:bump: :bump:

Which brings us to the heart of the underlying message of this article!

Nicely worded Roo!
SF

When you consider I have seen autoflowering strains that produce really high potency bud and sells for $150 for 10 seeds I am willing to bet pharmaceutical companies will create medicinal strains with there money I am sure they could breed an incredible strain and then with GM ( genetic modifications) They could make strains that would become a popular choice.

I just dont think anyone will pay for a pill that is no different from the bud exept it cant be smoked when they can grow there own for a fraction of the cost

Pharmaceutical companies only think there is a profit to be made because they are looking at what the raw plant sells for right now in a dispensary and they think that if they render it down to a pure form they are going to be able to make the same amount of money from there pills. Seriously I bet they think they can put all the medicine that would be in a gram in a single pill and sell them for $10 a piece but the fact is as a medicinal user/grower myself my medicine costs me .30cents per gram. So if they are going to sell pills of pure cannabinoids for .30 a piece sure I would use them then but I really doubt they will be that cheap and if not only those who can afford them will buy or if they are covered by insurance if not people will demand to grow there own and there defence behind them is why should we the poor be left to suffer and not have access to this wonderful medicine that we can easily grow ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom