Preventing Mites

DrRosko

I have been invaded by mites a few times because I trusted a friend of mine with clones.

All his stuff is contaminated all the time.

Probably because he doesn't do what you need to do.

WHICH IS THIS!
1. Dr.Bronner's Peppermint or Lavender Castille Soap
2. Ahimsa Organic Neem Oil (and Karanja Oil if you want to cover an extra base, probably unnecessary, but I do it.) Ahimsa is the best brand I know of, but any brand will do as long as it is cold pressed organic. Einstein oil is kind of sketchy and over priced, I used it when I was a beginner.
3. Water, prefereably RO filtered water.
4. Cheap-ass hand blender.
5.Thouroughly mix one Tsp or a little bit more of soap with the same amount of oil into water in a spray bottle. Mix this in with lukewarm water using the blender or add enough soap to get it to mix by shaking it in the bottle.

6. Spray that all over the clucking plant stems, tops, and bottoms of leaves.

7. Do this every other day for 6 days or every day for 4 days.

8. Afterwards, spray once a week for two to three weeks, or spray twice a week for one to two weeks.

9. Problem solved!!!

Continue spraying on a weekly basis if you are afraid of recontamination or you want to guarantee pest free conditions because you are anal retentive.

Then do this...
1. Mix Karanja Meal and/or Neem Meal into soil mix at a rate of 1Tbsp per gallon. For a foxfarm bag of OceanForest I use 9 Tbsp
because the bags are 1.5cuft which equals 9 US dry gallons.

I have been applying the neem meal method as a preventative without any spraying after I finished the above spray routine on my previous crop. No need to spray so far, but I do so on occasion for "fun" (just to make sure, and the leaves look nice all shiny 'n stuff..).

I have beaten all bugs with this. Root Aphids, Spider Mites, Fungus Gnats, etc.
If you have root aphids I suggest a tear down, sterilization, and utilization of the above protocol during the next crop.
Orange Oil makes for a great organic sterilization agent.

Back
Top Bottom