Probability of Masculinization

HighWaterMark

When purchasing feminized seeds, what is the probability (odds) of:
1) acquiring a hermaphroditic plant
2) acquiring a male plant?

What are the factors that enhance those odds?

I'm designing a scrog of 6 large plants in a Coliseum configuration. It would by difficult to relocate individual plants that display maleness. Therefor I want to know the bio-statistical <p> value, or percentage that will need to be extracted from each ScrOG over time.

Hermaphroditism is a genetic trait compounded by grower error and stress. If the breeder in question is not mindful of any hermaphroditic traits within the genetic prior to their work chances are said traits will be evident in progeny, but that's the breeder's job not yours. Correct feminization procedures do not dictate higher percentages in hermaphrodites, but seed companies dealing in only regular seed seem to have spread rumors alleging the danger of reversed seeds as being prone to inter-sex. Generally speaking, regular seeds have a 50/50 ratio of females to males if cultivated in stress free environments. Sexual traits in cannabis are however relative to levels of auxin, cytokinins, gibberellins etc. in a grower's substrate from germination throughout early veg.

With that said I have realized some breeders admit to high percentages of females in particular strains i.e., Bubba Kush, of course this might be case by case relative to specific breeders' habits.

Back
Top Bottom