Problem diagnosis

Kush Killer

first let me say thank you to any and all who reply and help out! its greatly apprecaited as this is my first grow and altho ive done hours upon hours of reasearch im sure this wont be my first problem tha i turn to you guys for help with so THANK YOU THANK YOU

What Strain is it? NIRVANA WHITE WIDOW
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants? 5
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?SEEDLING
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 16 DAYS SINCE GERMINATION
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? INDOOR DWC
Soil or Hydro? HYDRO DWC
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 10 GAL
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 64-74 DEGREES FEREHIET
If Hydro, what type of Medium? HYDRTON AND ROCKWOOL
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DWC
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 5000K & 2700K 23WATT CFLS X12 (UNTILL MY REPLACEMENT MH 400 BULB ARRIVES)
Is it Air Cooled? NOT CURRENTLY,WILL BE IN SUMMER MONTHS
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 65-69 LIGHTS OFF 73-79 LIGHTS ON
RH of Room/Cabinet? AVERAGE OF 40%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.7
Any Pests?NONE KNOWN
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? HUMBOLDT NUTRIENTS, 1/8 STRENGTH
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4X2X5

MY PROBLEM: very slow growth, aprox. 2.5 inch tall, purple stems, somehwat pale leafs especail towards outter tip, and very very tiny brown spot on ridge tips of new growth leafs. at first start i was using ph test strips/and ph test solution to check ph. after seemly vague results i purchesed a digital ph meter. to find out my ph was ruffly a point higher than prevous methods were showing. after germination seedlings went into setup and res. was ran for 14days then did water change and then started 1/8th stregth nutes,super thrive. so from reading in my grow bible i have what i belive to be sulfer defienceny. due to too high of ph???? so hope the res change will correct the problem? ill try to figure out how to post sum pics asap.

2011-12-11110012.jpg

2011-12-11105952.jpg

2011-12-11091816.jpg

here a currently water quality report... i dont know it ifs good,ok,soso,or bad, or dont use quality...

Mineral Analysis
Average Level
Detected Range of Levels Detected
Unit of
Measurement
pH 8.82 8.57-9.10 pH units
Alkalinity (total) as CaCO3 108 50-148 ppm
Aluminum 0.05 <0.02-0.15 ppm
Calcium 48 38-56 ppm
Chloride 27 17-43 ppm
Color (in cobalt platinum units) 2 1-5 ppm
Dissolved Solids 430 366-494 ppm
Hardness (total) as CaCO3 10 9-13 grains per gallon
Iron 0.04 <0.02-0.14 ppm
Magnesium 13 7-25 ppm
Manganese <0.02 <0.02-0.02 ppm
Phosphate 0.13 <0.05-0.33 ppm
Silica 21.8 4.7-31.3 ppm
Spec. Conductance @25 deg. C. 557 455-700 umhos
Temperature 14.9 1.1-26.6 degrees Celsius

Regulated Contaminants
Turbidity 0.38 99.7% NTU n/a 1 No Soil run-off.
Disinfectants & Disinfectant By-Products *MCL is based on a system-wide running annual average of
several samples.
Highest
Average
Detected
Range
of Levels
Detected
Unit of
Measurement
MCLG MCL
Violation?
Likely Source of
Contamination
Total Haloacetic Acids
(HAA5) 23.1 7.7-66.5 ppb n/a 60* No
By-product of
drinking water
chlorination.

Total Trihalomethanes
(TTHMs) 49.5 21-123.5 ppb n/a 80* No
By-product of
drinking water
chlorination.
Inorganic Contaminants
Arsenic 5 ppb
Barium 0.10 ppm
Chromium 7.11 2 ppb

Copper 1.3 ppm
Fluoride 1.09 ppm
Nitrate-Nitrite 2.3 ppm
Selenium 7.88 ppm
Sodium (state
requirement) 78 ppm

Radioactive Contaminants **MCL is based on Gross alpha excluding radon and uranium.
Gross Alpha including
Radon and Uranium 6.0 pCi
Radium (Ra 226 +
Ra 228) 2.5 <0.8-2.5 pCi/l 0 5 No Erosion of natural
deposits.
Synthethic Organic Contaminants (including pesticides and herbicides) ***MCL is based on a running
average for one year. ****Not detected on previous and subsequent confirmation tests.
Atrazine 0.19 <0.08-0.92 ppb 3 3*** No
Run-off from herbicide
used on row
crops.
Di(2-ethylhexyl)
phthalate (May 10, 2010) 170**** <2.0-170 ppb 0 6 No
Heptachlor Expoxide
(June 7, 2010) 90**** <0.04-90 ppt 0 200 No Breakdown of
heptachlor.
Volatile Organic Contaminants *****Not detected on previous and subsequent confirmation tests. Source not
used since 2008.
Xylenes, meta and para
(May 3, 2010) 0.0007***** <0.0005-0.0007 ppm 10 10 No

Bromochloroacetic acid 5.67 3.42-10.7 ppb
Bromodichloromethane 13.4 5.77-25.0 ppb
Bromoform 0.76 <0.5-1.29 ppb
Chloroform 28.4 6.6-92.0 ppb
Dibromoacetic acid 1.87 0.65-2.88 ppb
Dibromochloromethane 6.48 1.36-9.74 ppb
Dichoroacetic acid 14.6 4.3-46.1 ppb
Metolachlor 0.11 <0.1-0.4 ppb
Monobromoacetic acid 1.07 <1.0-2.69 ppb
Monochloroacetic acid 2.21 <2.0-4.13 ppb
N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) 0.0023 <0.0020-0.0039 ppb
Nickel 0.00222 0.00193-0.00269 ppm
Radium-226 <0.1 0-0.1 pCi/l
Radium-228 1.0 0-2.5 pCi/l
Sulfate 110 75-213 ppm
Total Organic Carbon (TOC) 3.63 2.70-5.40 ppm
Trichloroacetic acid 5.1 1.1-15.3 ppb

It take a while for seeds to grow, relax. The roots need to get established to have growth on the topside. I like to start them in something else to make sure you got a good rootball started before you stick them in hydro. You got sulfur and mag in your water, no need for epsom. Are the plants getting water to the roots and is there a bubbler in there? They should have all they need in the seed for the first couple weeks, you don't have a def yet.

Thanks forthe replies, the leafs just seem curled more than they should be, but if yu guyssay I'm good I take ur word for it! Thnkx and ill get my RH and lights of temps bumped up aa bit.

As far as ph being to low....??? 5.5_6.5 is where I wanna be correct? I'm within that range and usual shoot for 5.5 when adjustin ph. I'm gonna switch to a 50/50 ro/tap water mix.

Also og yes I have a pump with feed lines goin into my rockwool untill I have a established root ball touchin the water. As for bubbles I have 2 air pumps feeding 2 14" airstones and a 2" round airstone so my bubles are great imo... goin to get some ro water this week for res change on saturday

got humidifier in last nite so shes running high 50's low 60's on rh%, as well as bumping nite time temp a few degrees.. also grabbed some "white widow" root stimulant as well as "humboldt roots" stimiulant and some" prozyme", also got my replacement MH bulb.. but i think ill wait a week or so to put it in????

also had one other question inregaurds to my water.. should i let my tap water sit out for 24_48hrs before use?

yea as you can see in the pics, they curl under or downwards and kinda twist a lil bit.. i have my rh bumped up to low 60%'s... and tempos are bumped up aslo about 80 lights on and 70 lights off. ill swingby store after work and grab sum clear plastic cups to try out as humidity domes..

keep in mind that you already have a dissolved solids ppm ceiling of 500 ppm out of the gate. So you need to calculate that into you fertilizer additives.

The 1/8 strength is about right on, right now. when the plant has a bit more room to breathe, you should check yourself at 1/2 strength.

Also your water requires a bit of citric/phosphoric acid to it when you mix it up so that you can ph to at least 6.0.

I bet with careful ph control, moisture, and aeration, you could get her to go a long way without nutes whatsoever. water changes only... lol.

My first impression is it was treated to a a bit of a "HOT" mix...

Well update.. stems are strating to turn green and. Leaf growth is prgressing I think bumping the rh up has really helped! Ill try to get a new pic in the nxt couple days.

curl is the nutes, i did it to my current ones as seedlings. seeds are good on their own till 3rd set of leaves. (1st=3/,2nd=first set of 5/ 3rd=second set of five) then u can feed 1/8 strength. its usually two wks since germ. look at my current grow in my sig line

im on week 5 since i planted with a 3/8 tap root... they now have a set of 3leafs and working on their first set of 5leafs.. for some reason this seems slow to me? like they should be a lil farther along... i think right now my biggest problem is keep a consistant temp... BUT i have something on the way that should help me get things exactly where i want them to be day and nite..

either cool mist or warm doesnt matter other then the warm tend to build up condensation where the cool doesnt IMHO. nute over dose stunts them a tad. You got 3 leaves and running light 24 hrs on ? have ur leaves straighten out ? and other problems ? yea hell of a time tryin to keep my heat in thank god i am almost done

yeah ive got a set of 1 leaves, a set of 3 leaves, and the first set of 5 leafs is JUST starting to make a apperance, i have no branch grow over all height is about 2" and diameter of plant in hold is for sure no bigger round than a quater.. im running a cool mist humiodfier now so thats in check! running consitantly at 60%, ph seems to float up half to 3/4 of a point a day.., the wierd thing is and you see in the pic i post later on today, that 1 plant looks great imo other that being small, the other 2 are lighter greeen in color, and leaves are still twisted a bit and curled, my other one looks good jsut seem droopy.. the ONLY thing i can think of is my climate... ive found that im having trouble keeping it consistant! lights on is acutally in range of 70-85 at any giving time, and lights of temp is running at a low of 64-72 degrees.. i can pin point exact when these temps are occuring, so i decided to purchase a senntenial evc1 in hope it will help me regulate the temps. and once things seem to level off and the grow is flowing smoothly i can incorperate c02. oh and basementdwell :thanks: for tryin to help me out here. oh and im on 18-6 light schedule.. should i be on 24hrs? will that stress em even more switch back to 24hr?

Back
Top Bottom