ProfessorFlora Reviews Crumbled Lime From Karma Squad

Hey 420. Here is my review of the Crumbled Lime from Karma Squad. The Crumbled Lime is a sativa dominant hybrid and is a collaborative strain created with Cannarado Genetics. It is a Biker Kush x Citron Cookies. I had two plants with two very different appearances. The Crumbled Lime is only available in regular form.

Growth, Structure and Appearance

The first thing I noticed with these was how quickly they germinated. I dropped them into some soil and within 3 days both were standing tall. From there they just grew and after a couple of weeks it became apparent that they would both be quite different.
The first was short and stocky with growth coming out all over the place. It looked like a classic indica bush and had so many leaves that it was hard to see just what was going on. The side branching was fast, strong and even dominated some of the main branches which were very thick and squat. It began growing outwards and needed several good clippings before it was finally flowered. If it wasn't for the shape of the leaves then I would have said that it could have been a 100% indica variety. It was a very nice plant to work with and despite being a dense bush it was still easy to clean up as the leaves had very long stems, some being more than 6 inches.
The second plant was tall and grew straight up. It was quicker to respond to training and had much more stem on show. This one was even easier to tidy up. At first I thought that she would be a little leggy or have large gaps between nodes but they soon closed up after flowering was initiated. This one felt like a Cookies plant whereas the first had a short OG Kush feel to her. The leaves were more sativa than the first and had a light green colour which stayed right to the end. Both plants had the same colours to begin with but then they diverged as the flowering period went on.
To start with they both had a light and bright green which was healthy and did feel a little like "lime". They were both fast and feed very well. There was hardly a scuff on them throughout their lives so I would say that they were quite tough and easy to grow. Both felt very impressive and powerful.

Flowers

As the flowering period went on it became apparent that they would be the same by the end. The first developed tight and almost spherical flowers spaced evenly down the branches. They had an orange glow and were packed with trichomes This one finished up about a week before the second but I kept her going so I could harvest them all in one go.
The second plant really showed her Cookies heritage by the 6th and 7th week of flower. She had more but slightly smaller flowers which went all the way down the stems with the odd, small gap separating them. They had some serious frost by the end which put many of my other plants to shame. It had a light green aura which was almost white in certain lighting. It is one of the frostiest plants I have ever grown.
The harvest was quite easy with both plants with the first being a little fiddly but not too bad. The second was really easy and was just a case of shearing and then flicking of the remaining stubs when dry.
The first plant had tighter flowers which were a little more dense than the seconds. The second was gifted with the frost but had slightly more spongy flowers. The second had the highest yield in the end but only because it was a larger plant. The first would have easily won if they were of the same size.

Smell and Taste

The differences don't stop here with both plants having flavours and smell's which while not being worlds apart, certainly had unique qualities. Plant one had some OG funk propped up by deep citrus and rotten fruit. It had the best scent out of the two which was like a candy aftershave. Plant two is I think the plant which is closer to the breeders description. It had doughy overtones and a lemon or lime twist and made me feel like I was smoking dessert. The flavour wasn't quite as strong as the first plant but it felt just as quality. The smell from this one was sweeter and more subtle. Both were top shelf connoisseur grade cannabis.

Effect

The effect is probably the one thing which both plants had in common. There is an initial head buzz and a sensation of feeling light, maybe even a little light headedness. It mellows out a little and you are left with a productive albeit glazed attitude. The feeling is felt throughout the whole body but doesnt relax you immediately. After an hour or so of feeling nice things do mellow out and I found that I could sleep quite well when using this strain. I don't think trying to sleep would be wise straight after medicating. This strain is for living the day in a happy way. It is quite uplifting but not to the point of euphoria. It is good for getting things done but with the added bonus of a come down afterwards. Perfect for my day time needs.

Final Thoughts

I very much enjoyed almost every aspect of growing and medicating with this strain. It is very easy to grow and look after and seems to be quite tough. New growers shouldn't have a problem as I'm sure mine where getting hit with everything from wet feet to PH fluctuations with little noticeable effect to the flowering plants. The finished product has bragging rights and looks stunning, smells great and has an even more impressive flavour profile. The only downsides are that the yield is around average and the flowers take the full 70 days to reach maturity. Not really a problem but in an age where growers expect things to be bigger and faster, some might be a little put off. Let me tell you though. It is certainly worth the wait.

Happy growing everyone.

A lovely review and pics to match.

Now, am I allowed to tease you about your jean shorts???
You wanna see what I'm wearing now!....
DSC03117.JPG

Don't tell anyone else or they will think I'm weird :)

Back
Top Bottom