Proper Cloning Procedures

OlderStoner

Okay, I'm now a believer in Proper Cloning Procedures. Last week I took a few cuttings and did the 45° cuts underwater, etc...but I placed them into some soil. The clones appear to be surviving but are coming along very slowly. This morning I took five more cuttings from the other plants but this time I had some 3" GroDan blocks and a tray with a plastic hood. The first cutting I took went well, but I almost f'ed up when I left the tray with the plastic dome on it in the direct sunshine too long. When I realized what I'd done, the cutting looked like it had been run over by a bus and the bottom black tray was hot to the touch. I was much more careful with the other cuttings. At this point I'm happy to say that all of the cutting appear to be surviving. The one which overheated looks like it's going to live, but the others which I placed into those GroDan grow blocks, are standing up straight towards the lights and looking fine. The other two which are in soil appear to be ok but they in no way look as ready to regenerate as the ones in the grow blocks. I will take the time to do this again in the future. The grow blocks and the tray with it's high 8" dome only cost me $17. So it was worth the investment.

Now, my question is that the blocks are soaked well with 5.5 ph water and then flushed with 1/2 strength Fox Farm nute mix containing 1 tsp of Grow Big and 1/8 tsp of Open Sesame in one gallon of 6.0 ph water. The directions say don't water for the next 2-4 days, only mist the leaves, which I cut back as well. But the tray contains no water at all, except for a small amount which drained from the grow blocks. Should I fill the bottom of the tray with a little water of leave it dry?

I wouldnt leave any water in the tray u dont wanna over water them as the cubes act like sponges but do water each block
according to how dry the cube is always mist the top of the lid to keep proper humidity inside the tray and the plants as
Well u want ur dome to look as if its sweating on the inside thats how i can tell that the humidity is high insde ,i hope this lil bit of info
Helps u .happy growin!

Back
Top Bottom