pump size for large areo setup?

Damian Thorn

hey guys...im in the works of building a farly large aero setup..its going to be modeled after the aero60 setups but the chambers are going to be 8 feet long instead of six and and im going to have 2 banks of 8 on each end so 16 feet long...

in total im going to have a 1 inch line spilt into 3/4 inch then the final sprayer lines are going to be 1/2 inch...with this in mine im going to have 16 8 foot long mister lines and thinking about 250 or soo sprayer nozzles.. about what size pump would be require to spray this...im know im goona need a big one..a 1/4hp or 1/2 and well im thingking at least 1800 to 2800 gmp...anythoughts..or should o go bigger..? how much pressure can pvc take? a 40 gallon rez will be supplying the water for this....
any thoughts?

the pvc pipe will have the maximum psi printed on the outside. make sure its schedule 40. if that doesnt hang with your psi, then go to a specialty irrigation or plumbing stored and get schedule 80 pvc. it will withstand a higher psi. I dont have numbers for you but it will be printed on the pipe. a main line for a house, which is made in PVC, could be as high as 50-65 psi

what do you think about the size of the pump? good idea tho onthe kind of pipe i will look into that... i also had an idea...i was looking atthe aero 60 sprayer line..its just small holes every 6 inchs... u think i could drill that in stead of having misters...have really fine holes inthe 1/2 pvc line misting...

i dont know much about the pump and the sizing and all that.

i doubt u could drill the pvc though. I'm assuming that the nozzles help to aerate and direct the water. someone here who knows more will chime in im sure

ahh thanks... i hope...i but after a week or soo growing the roots would have grown to the bottom of the post and by then it would act like a nft system..i think im going to experiment with this idea..

Back
Top Bottom