Purple leaves on a Shaman?

yak

420 Member
Hi Y'all,

I'm a long-time lurker/learner, and this is my first request for help.
Some grow details:
FF Soil, used in 1 previous indoor grow, remixed with some fresh FF and worm castings before this grow
5 gal fabric pots
Light = Mars Hydro FC4800
4x4x7 tent in unfinished basement
Temperature in tent 80 on, low 70's off.
Basement temp = 71
Basement RH = 60%
Watering 4-5 days, using Emerald Harvest 3-part every other watering with cal-mag
PH around 6.4

I''ve got these 3 ladies that are 1 month into flowering.
The Shaman in the front is a Sativa dominant strain from Dutch passion, from Purple # 1 and Skunk
The left rear is a Bubble Runtz, RR is a PeanutButter Cookies

IMG_9650.jpg

As soon as I flipped to 12/12, I started seeing purple tips on the otherwise healthy Shaman leaves, now they've progressed to the full purple you see here. From what I've read about Shaman, it typically results in purple buds with green leaves.

Has anyone ever see anything like this before? Any thoughts on what I should try to rule out?

Jack

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9654.jpg

Now got read the paper. Now. Certain things start one one side. Some start on bottom and some do strange things. Each paper. I think one says one side of plant and stages. I can help u read it. Just post side pictures of the plant defected . We can work it out and discuss it

Well the purple leaves just Google that strain and look at pictures . That one is easy..
yeah, I did that, and I the only picture that shows a hint of purple in the leaves is this one from Dutch Passion's website.
shaman.jpg

So, I'm wondering is my plant normal or is it a deficiency of some sort?

Now got read the paper. Now. Certain things start one one side. Some start on bottom and some do strange things. Each paper. I think one says one side of plant and stages. I can help u read it. Just post side pictures of the plant defected . We can work it out and discuss it
Ok, here's a few more detailed photos of the tops and underside of the leaves.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg

yeah, I did that, and I the only picture that shows a hint of purple in the leaves is this one from Dutch Passion's website.
shaman.jpg

So, I'm wondering is my plant normal or is it a deficiency of some sort?
Late in flowering stage they can do that. Not really common before tho. But it can be possible. Want say it can't. Seen strange crap with these plants.. all cross breeding who knows. So have to say not normal for early flowering. Late yes and near harvest yes

Ok, here's a few more detailed photos of the tops and underside of the leaves.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg
Your using FF dirt which is high in nitrogen so not that. Then falls I say near . How far is that light from top of plants. And power .
Cause curly mean heat and that can do that to leaves like that.

Starting to make since if it is. Ocean forest is to hot for some plants.. u half to mix happy frog with half bag ocean.. and add cal mag . That would put it in nitrogen lock.
So. Take plant out shake med slow. Enough dirt to see some roots not alot but some. And put in happy frog. And water. And wait. See if it lives. .. should be fine. But lose few leaves. In that area..

Yes, it is FF OF.
I'm a bit leery on pulling the plant out, maybe flush it, allow it to dry, then start with nutes again?
Ok. Here secret to FF.
Happy frog. 1 bag to 1/4bag ocean forest
Add little more to top in flowering stage.
Must add calMag every 3 weeks. Mini.
If you use other chems. Decrease amounts . Then work to full strength. Watch plant carefully.

You can flush it but that one purple. Might come back. In a month or two. Jk. It's be a long time.. least 2-3 weeks. I would grab a seed cause by time that seed grows that plant might be healed.. might. Idk. Could be week. Maybe little more. Just get dirt off roots best u can and in lower nitrogen dirt. The ocean marine fish shells meal in ocean is high high in stuff like cal. Nitrogen and such

At this point in the grow, Fox Farm Ocean Forest is no longer "hot", all the nutes added by FF have been used up long ago. If the soil is too hot, you have added too many nutes. I'm leaning towards a slight Potassium deficiency. I am unfamiliar with the nute line you're using, is it organic or synthetic? If synthetic, have you ever flushed the soil to eliminate built up salts? The purpling color is perfectly normal, the browning along the leaf edges, and the curling crispy tips are not.
Here's a shot on y Northern lights, about 5-6 weeks into flower, just starting to purple up.
IMG_0108.jpg

I harvested it about 2 weeks ago. It continued to turn purple, and the yellowing leaves didn't get any worse, maybe a bit better. I chalked it up to that particular strain being a bit more sensitive to the nutes than the others.

Thanks to all for your thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom