Purple Stems

NormanTBates

Why are the stems at the top leaves turning purple and not near the bottom? She is already showing sex so it could just be the strain I guess. Any input is appreciated.

BTW: I treated it with tobacco water twice in the last month to kill spider mites, don't know if that may be the cause.

Growing indoor with FFOF Soil
FF Big Grow / Going 12/12 in the next few days then Tiger Bloom
400w 6700K cfl's 18/6
Water by hand every 3-4 days
PH is ?? Dont have a tester

SDC10183.JPG

SDC10180.JPG

SDC10179.JPG

This could be a sign of a possible ph problem. You really ought to get a ph tester. They do look healthy though. Ph is really important. I'm actually surprised you've gone this long without one. ;-)

You really ought to get a ph tester. I'm actually surprised you've gone this long without one. ;-)

Take it easy on me now, I'm poor. :ganjamon: I am growing this thing under cfl''s right now (it was started outdoor). I am going for a 150w HPS but that will be introduced along with flowering.

How did you treat it with tobacco water? You only sprayed the plant foiliage with it right? You didn't actually feed the soil with this concoction did you?

No man I didn't feed the soil with that junk, I just made a weak solution and boiled it for few minutes and sprayed on leaves twice, two weeks apart.

That is ph I had that problem before if u have city water get a pur stage three water filter it helps get all the chemicals out that you don't want to give them it helps a lot n keep watching your ph levels

That is ph I had that problem before if u have city water get a pur stage three water filter it helps get all the chemicals out that you don't want to give them it helps a lot n keep watching your ph levels

I let my tap water sit outside in the sun for a few days to let the chems evaporate. I fill 4 to 6 gal jugs to have plenty on hand. After I add my nutes I'm at a ph of 6.5.

New clone outdoor grow

I let my tap water sit outside in the sun for a few days to let the chems evaporate. I fill 4 to 6 gal jugs to have plenty on hand. After I add my nutes I'm at a ph of 6.5.

Yeah I have been letting the tap water sit in an open jug in the window sill. I am going to water it tommorow and find out the ph.

So I bought a ph tester at the pet store, it is for aquariums but the range is pretty small (6-7.6) When I went to test the plant took over a gallon of water without draining a drop. I figured I would just take some soil from the spot where I watered and mix with distilled water for a test. The result was 6.4 from the soil and distilled water. Is this accurate or not? I am going to transplant to a little smaller pot tommorow and check again in a few days.

You should get a more accurate tester. Do you have a hydro shop nearby? You can get a drop tester for about $4-7. You will want to add distilled water to the top of the plant until it runs out of the bottom. Collect that water and do the ph test again. This is called "runoff ph".

You will want to add distilled water to the top of the plant until it runs out of the bottom. Collect that water and do the ph test again. This is called "runoff ph".

Cool, thank you again ms. fox. Do I want to test ph with my nutes mixed in also?

So I just tested the runoff ph and it is 5.0, Should I be adjusting the ph in my nutrient solution prior to feeding?

5.0 runoff is a bit too low. And yes you should adjust the ph in your nutrient solution (at least if this was hydro). You are shooting for a runoff of 5.8-6.2

Also don't worry about the purple stems so much.

5.0 runoff is a bit too low. And yes you should adjust the ph in your nutrient solution (at least if this was hydro). You are shooting for a runoff of 5.8-6.2

This is a soil grow, I am using FFOF. I know that ph is too low but I also bought ph adjustment solutions to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom