Quest for knowledge

clever

I joined 420 because there are hundreds of seasoned growers from one end of the spectrum to the other. There are'nt enough books on the subject. so all the best info is word of mouth. I posted a thread a couple days ago called fresh cut grass. It has over200 views and I've only had 2 replies. I'd like to know how other growers deal with this. I know everybody's not sittin around with a bunch of cannabis that smells like hay. how do you cure, how do you dry. Well heres another thing. I bought a 24 site turbo cloner. I took cuttings kept everything clean made the 45 dipped in conex and put the cutting in the collar and into the machine. Its day 8 and no roots in sight. can anybody tell me whats up. the machine did'nt come with instructions. So all I know is from a few u tube videos. please help. Good cheer to all

I joined 420 because there are hundreds of seasoned growers from one end of the spectrum to the other. There aren't enough books on the subject. so all the best info is word of mouth. I posted a thread a couple days ago called fresh cut grass. It has over200 views and I've only had 2 replies. I'd like to know how other growers deal with this. I know everybody's not sittin around with a bunch of cannabis that smells like hay. how do you cure, how do you dry. Well heres another thing. I bought a 24 site turbo cloner. I took cuttings kept everything clean made the 45 dipped in conex and put the cutting in the collar and into the machine. Its day 8 and no roots in sight. can anybody tell me whats up. the machine did'nt come with instructions. So all I know is from a few u tube videos. please help. Good cheer to all

Man, that answer would require many pages to answer and it is already in the posts here. I am not trying to blow you off, rather pointing out that unfortunately, you will have to spend some time on here searching for what you seek. Most probably, any question that you might have, has been answered already. If you do a search at the top, for your question, you'll probably get what you need.

As far as roots showing, I can only offer one word to you. Patience. That's it. If you've done everything correctly, roots can take anywhere from 5-7 days to more typically 10-14 days to appear. On a lighter note, I had a strain last year, that took 13+ weeks! Yep, it was like 95 days! I could have had a harvest had it been in flower! So the point is patience. I almost tossed those cuttings a dozen times but, for some unknown reason, I hung in there and was finally rewarded. I can offer you one thing to consider, and this is really IMHO, but too often, people take and keep the cuttings too wet. The key to success is simple. Moisture for the leaves, and moisture for the stem. There is a very fine line between moist and wet. The cuttings take up their life blood (water) through the leaves until the roots happen. This is the plants only source for food. Saturating the roots will only lead to rot and disease. I mist the roots (clone machine, home made) 3x daily and for only about 10-15 seconds. I take the dome and spray water on the interior and then put onto the machine and effectively seal the moisture in and heat too. The cuttings don't need light and in fact, light hitting the lower, submerged if you will, stem will slow you down or even make sure they do not root. Bottom line is that most of us over water the plants and cuttings until we find that sweet spot where moisture and water are our friends. Like everything in life, the quality is in the "moderation", something to which I should and need to watch and do...

I appreciate what you said, I guess in a way I was looking for the easy way, I do seek out alot of different answers and ways to go about things, I try alot of them, and through trial and error try to figure out what works for me. I think there are tons of different approaches, it's finding what works for me, somethings might work for others just not for me. Take feeding and nutrients, I combine 3 diffirent brands and schedules, its like taking the best things for my garden and combining them in the most benificial ways for me, and nothing is written in stone I think thats why I ask for help, I'm looking for something I hav'nt read. Its in the mechanics for me. One simple thing can make all the difference. Thanks again

U R absolutely spot on...
I dry in a basement w/ ventilation. Usually takes 5-7 days. I then trim all that is obvious. I really don't cure intentionally due to the need to sell and get the $'s but wind up doing a bit of cure on what I keep for myself. I have found the cure to be invaluable towards the smell and quality of the smoke but nothing towards the potency. Strictly an aesthetics choice INHO. Some day, when I have an abundance to sell, I can have the luxury to cure what I sell too...

Back
Top Bottom