Question about my seeds

MexicanKid

Hello i have just started my first grow ever from some seeds i got from quality weed my question is if i used this seeds to grow a plant will i get the same type of plant as the one that made the weed or is it possible to get a bad quality plant?
I found around 7 seeds from 3 ounces of superskunk so i was wondering why not use this seeds instead of buying.
Also is it possible for a female plant to produce a few seeds whitout being pollinated?
thanks

Plants can produce seeds with no males present. Exactly what you get from the seeds is a mystery. Could be male, female, hermi, could be a bad pheno too. But it could also be amazing, the only way to know is to grow

You'll get different phenotypes. I like to grow them through but take clones of each so that by the time I reach the end I have examples of whichever I want to carry on growing with. Sometimes (often) those seeds result from a plant which has gone hermie and pollinated the crop. More often than pollination by a straight up male I suppose, because the hermies are slightly less obvious to spot and weed out. So the seeds may tend to have hermie traits as well. I suppose there's a chance that it was a high quality female that got pollinated by a low quality male but that seems at least a little bit less likely. "Probably" other than hermie issues and the pheno variations, the basic potential should be there to reproduce the quality bud they came from.

Thanks for the info so if its from hermie is there a slight chance it goes female?

i was wondering cause i just got a few seeds from a lot of weed so female plants cant make some seed by their own?

Yeah, it still has a chance at being female.

And as for female pollination, when plants go longer than they're supposed to, they can self seed. Or, you can do like i do and spray a female clone with colloidal silver and make her produce female pollen for fem seeds. Great way to keep genetics alive.

Thanks for the info so if its from hermie is there a slight chance it goes female?

i was wondering cause i just got a few seeds from a lot of weed so female plants cant make some seed by their own?

I don't fully understand your question but my experience is this. -I occasionally get a plant from seed which grows up and -when it shows it's sex (near the beginning of flowering cycle or sooner) -looks half male and half female.
Other times I get plants which just seem to be female but with a tendency to go hermie late in flowering. This means that they will grow a few yellow flowers out of the buds. These are commonly called 'nanners', I assume because they look a bit like small yellow banana shapes. So this will be a female plant with regular buds, but the nanners produce pollen and cause the plant to pollinate itself leading to seeds. Basically a female plant which is a little bit sexually confused. The nanners can be controlled if you're careful. The ones which have male flowers and female buds early on in flowering are very hard to control and best killed.

Don't forget that if you do get a tree that is really nice, try to take a couple of clones before she goes into 12/12. I did that and now I have stellar smoke 'til kingdom come.

yes ill keep some clones first to check the sex and some to keep on veg maybe i can spray a female clone with colloidal silver like PeytonManning said and keep seeds too :D:D

Back
Top Bottom