Question about the level of pain relief

kn0w1

My situation: I have a spinal cord injury which left me paralyzed with side effects of muscle spasms and neuropathic pain that feels like sitting on hot concrete and is pretty much constant. Some days it's bearable and some days it's excruciating. Regular pain meds don't touch it and I don't want to start using the meds for neuropathy because of the side effects and possible liver damage.

My question: I have read a lot of posts here and other places about MMJ being good for chronic pain. I'm interested in hearing from people who have pain similar to mine and hearing the level of relief they experience. Is it completely gone, bearable or you're stoned so you just don't care if it hurts?

Also, I'm getting some conflicting reports about which strain is best for pain. I have heard Indica, but some are saying Sativa. I know YMMV, but I would like some guidance from some experienced folks with similar issues to mine to make an informed choice.

I also have some misgivings about using MMJ at all because I'm a minister, but that is a question for a separate forum altogether.

Thanks in advance.

My situation: I have a spinal cord injury which left me paralyzed with side effects of muscle spasms and neuropathic pain that feels like sitting on hot concrete and is pretty much constant. Some days it's bearable and some days it's excruciating. Regular pain meds don't touch it and I don't want to start using the meds for neuropathy because of the side effects and possible liver damage.

My question: I have read a lot of posts here and other places about MMJ being good for chronic pain. I'm interested in hearing from people who have pain similar to mine and hearing the level of relief they experience. Is it completely gone, bearable or you're stoned so you just don't care if it hurts?

Also, I'm getting some conflicting reports about which strain is best for pain. I have heard Indica, but some are saying Sativa. I know YMMV, but I would like some guidance from some experienced folks with similar issues to mine to make an informed choice.

I also have some misgivings about using MMJ at all because I'm a minister, but that is a question for a separate forum altogether.

Thanks in advance.

After my 2nd neck/back surgery I acquired RSD/CRPS. You can look it up to see how close it is to what you are going through if you want. Its my opinion that while the pharmaceutical pain meds don't even begin to take the pain away, they will kill you. Marijuana won't. Start looking into some seed banks. Some will list out what strains are good for what pains. Personally, I use indica strains and while it doesn't take away the pain it lessens it by making me more relaxed. Best of all there are no side effects at all. Also, with all due respect I don't think the misgivings you have about using MMJ are because you're a minister. Gods word didn't teach you to feel MMJ is wrong. I would guess that comes more from how you were raised and the media. Its time to do your own research, make up your own mind. For a place to start I would recommend Jack Herer's book The Emperor Wears No Clothes and also watch the videos for "Run From The Cure" The Rick Simpson Story. :goodluck::peace:

Back
Top Bottom