Question on Flushing

Another one for ya. I though I had been doing the right thing by letting my ph range throughout the grow from 6.4--6.85, my well water is always within that range. I called the AN helpline to ask about Final Phase directions. The guy said to adjust ph before adding Final Phase. But, he told me to adjust to about 6.3. I was going over my notes and I'm still learning how the plant grows and how certain nutes effect it.(I actually paid attention) I thought the yellowing was from me lightening up on the N too early with some girls because I took it a week farther with others(of the same strain) and have hardly any yellowing. I kind of tweaked the feeding per plant and kept some sloppy notes on how it appeared to effect it. Now with him saying optimal uptake for my media should be lower. It has me kind of confused. should I even worry about it

Another one for ya. I though I had been doing the right thing by letting my ph range throughout the grow from 6.4--6.85, my well water is always within that range. I called the AN helpline to ask about Final Phase directions. The guy said to adjust ph before adding Final Phase. But, he told me to adjust to about 6.3. I was going over my notes and I'm still learning how the plant grows and how certain nutes effect it.(I actually paid attention) I thought the yellowing was from me lightening up on the N too early with some girls because I took it a week farther with others(of the same strain) and have hardly any yellowing. I kind of tweaked the feeding per plant and kept some sloppy notes on how it appeared to effect it. Now with him saying optimal uptake for my media should be lower. It has me kind of confused. should I even worry about it

I would go with what the rep says. If you don't have a way to check the pH, it's probably best to just use water.

You know water is probably the way to go. Especially since I'm about 2 weeks from approx. chop date and already ran like 15-20 gallons through them. I also have a lot of coco in the mix so that would flush easier right? Bad timing on my pen. How much are drops?

a 1oz bottle of pH indicator with a vial is about 5-10 dollars. It lasts for hundreds of tests.

you said you use those right? Are they easy to use?

Yep. They are really easy to use once you get the colors down. The only down side, is that you can't really find specific pH's - like if you wanted 5.8 pH, with the drops you would have to go with 6. -- 6.5 and 7 are easy to read too, just the numbers in between them is kind of a craps shoot. I always just go for 6 in the salty stuff and somewhere in between 6.5 and 7 for the organics. The other thing to watch out for is lights of different spectrums. A bloom light reflects a little more reds/oranges into the vial, and a veg light reflects a little more blue/green in the vial, but once you realize you aren't looking for a specific color and you really are just making sure shades of other colors aren't included in the vial, it gets to be really easy and quick.

EDIT: I guess that might sound a little complicated, but it's really not.

Thanks I'll get some but it doesn't help with the flush issue if I cant read out 6.3. Is the difference between 6.3 and 6.5 that big of a deal?

Thanks I'll get some but it doesn't help with the flush issue if I cant read out 6.3. Is the difference between 6.3 and 6.5 that big of a deal?

I doubt it will effect it that much. There has to be an available range at least a couple of tenths up or down. You can try to find 6.3 with the drops, it'll just take you a couple of tests and some good, natural, mid day light / or synthetic WHITE light. I would just go for 6.5 though. I don't see how it wouldn't work within the 6.0-6.8 range. I'm sure it works optimally at 6.3 if that's what they say, but I can't think of a reason why it would do anything negative to pH it at 6.5

Back
Top Bottom