Question or two

Colorado Constitutional Amendment 20 states that a registered caregiver can grow 3 plants in Veg and 3 plants in flower only for the MMJ patient he is a caregiver for. If he is a caregiver for 5 MMJ patients he can grow 15 plants in Veg and 15 plants in flower. The caregiver is not allowed to grow any plants for his/her own use unless he/she also is a MMJ patient, then he/she can grow an additional 3 plants in Veg and 3 plants in Flower for him/herself also. Colorado Healthcare Policy and Finance is currently trying to limit the number of MMJ patients a person (Caregiver) can grow for (Including him/herself to 5 MMJ patients). The first hearing was scheduled for March. Because of the many MMJ Patients/Caregivers that were going to attend this hearing, the State postponed the hearing until June 2009. We all need to attend this new meeting and protest the changing of our State Constitutional Amendment 20, limiting to 5 MMJ Patients.
Colorado HCPF tried to impose the 5 MMJ patient limit previously but the State Courts ruled the Colorado HCPF didn't go thru the proper steps to legally set the limit.
There is additional limitations the State is trying to impose, such as 'the Caregiver must do additional services for the MMJ patient' Such as take the person to Dr.'s appointments, grocery shop, etc.
I am currently a MMJ Caregiver for my life partner of 40 years. I do all the necessary tasks to take care of him that the State is now trying to require of MMJ Caregivers. I would find it impossible to care for another MMJ Patient if these additional requirement the State is proposing passes.
I would very much like to be a MMJ Caregiver for other MMJ Patients.
Please attend the hearing in June 2009. We need everyone's help in defeating this. MMJ Patients will suffer otherwise.
Med-Link

Colorado does have dispensaries, my caregiver opened one in Boulder a month ago. But each time i post the info it's deleted.

As a caregiver myself and mmj patient. I am allowed 6 of my own, 3/veg amd 3/flwrgn, but with 2 more patients i caregive for I am allowed : 9/veg/ 9 flwrng . a total of 18 . I confirmed this at the 420 forum At CU with NORML. TOM SLOAN the BOULDER DRUG TASK FORCE COMMANDER was there taking questions, after the discussion, i went up to him personally and asked him about my numbers and his laws. He told me i was allowed to caregive up to 5 ppl, but if iam a mmj card holder I am allowed the 6 for myself and 12 for my 2 patients , I then asked him what if they come to my door , he said they would 1st have to have a probable cause and WARRANT, and even if they have a warrant, if all of my papers are correct they have to leave without touching a thing, He expressed that if you are totally legal and not profiteering from growing, they leave because YOU can sue them and HE does not want to be sued, also they have no way of keeping the plants alive during a bust. He would rather move on. these are his words.

tintala:
Your are correct on the quantity a patient and caregiver can grow for each.
But the number of patients a caregiver can grow for is not set!
As stated in my post above, The Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Finance is trying to limit Caregivers to 5 patients TOTAL.
Please Refer to this web site for Americans For Safe Access ASA Forum / Safe Access to Medical Marijuana is in Danger! Critical Meeting!
I will repost the site for the Colorado Dept. of HCPF showing what they are trying to do this June. All of the COOPs, Dispensaries and other forum websites know of this and are asking ALL to attend the June Rally and hearing.
ColoradoMed
P.S. Tom Sloan is giving you a line, and NORML definitely knows about it because they were notifying everyone of the March 18 Colorado HCPF meeting to set limits of 5 patients. They also notified everyone of the postponement of that meeting and it's rescheduling for June.

ALL MMJ Caregivers and MMJ Patients:
Please refer to the changes Colorado is trying to make concerning limits on patients a Caregiver can grow for. Also Caregivers will have to do more for the patient than just supply the patient with MMJ.
This website shows what was going to be some of the changes in Amendment 20, until the State had to postpone the meeting for June.
Department of Public Health and Environment |
Please participate in the rescheduled June hearing. They haven't informed ANYONE what date it will be in June yet.
ColoradoMed

Back
Top Bottom