question regarding GH nutrients combination

kissmeplenty

420 Member
Hi everyone. Im a newbie and have been reading all your posts for months now and have gained a ton of knowledge and appreciate all of your experience.
I had been also getting advice from my local hydro store but somehow I think I missed or was misinformed about the GH nutrient combinations. Ill tell you about my set up first.

Just some quick background. Im using cfl's and GH nutrients. I was using the stealth hydro Deep Water Culture kit and I just made a bigger one and doubled my res size to 12 gallons. I have 3 feminized strains growing which I will never do again as I have 2 runts of red dragon, 1 medium sized white widow and 2 bubblegum with 1 being ginormous (3ft) and the other a little bigger than the white widow. I should have flowered the giant bubble gum a month ago but I have been waiting for the others to catch up...which is not happening so I pulled the 2 dragons ( 4" & 7") and put them in a 5 gal bucket. With the 3 plants left I was going to start the 12/12 this weekend.

I have been using micro and grow the for 2 months during veg. I was told you do NOT add bloom and grow at the same time but recently reading some new threads it looks like you Do add all 3 nutrients together. So I just changed out my res and added mirco and bloom as I was going to start my 12/12 cycle. Should I add grow to it still? Is it too late to add it now that the mix has been in res for 2 days? Im hoping this is a minor mistake and you all can ease my mind. Im sure I will have 50 other questions as people start to reply so I appreciate all of your help immensely.
:thanks:

A lot of people add a little grow to the bloom nutes to help keep the fan leaves healthy. It won't hurt anything and some nutrient cos. add a little nitrogen for this reason.Just don't overdo your nutes !! Less is always better ! :peace:

Hi everyone. Im a newbie and have been reading all your posts for months now and have gained a ton of knowledge and appreciate all of your experience.
I had been also getting advice from my local hydro store but somehow I think I missed or was misinformed about the GH nutrient combinations. Ill tell you about my set up first.

Just some quick background. Im using cfl's and GH nutrients. I was using the stealth hydro Deep Water Culture kit and I just made a bigger one and doubled my res size to 12 gallons. I have 3 feminized strains growing which I will never do again as I have 2 runts of red dragon, 1 medium sized white widow and 2 bubblegum with 1 being ginormous (3ft) and the other a little bigger than the white widow. I should have flowered the giant bubble gum a month ago but I have been waiting for the others to catch up...which is not happening so I pulled the 2 dragons ( 4" & 7") and put them in a 5 gal bucket. With the 3 plants left I was going to start the 12/12 this weekend. .

I have been using micro and grow the for 2 months during veg. I was told you do NOT add bloom and grow at the same time but recently reading some new threads it looks like you Do add all 3 nutrients together. So I just changed out my res and added mirco and bloom as I was going to start my 12/12 cycle. Should I add grow to it still? Is it too late to add it now that the mix has been in res for 2 days? Im hoping this is a minor mistake and you all can ease my mind. Im sure I will have 50 other questions as people start to reply so I appreciate all of your help immensely.
:thanks:

when using the 3 part you add all three together, but you have to mix them separate. always mix micro first stir the water real good, then the grow stir real good, then the bloom stir real good. you just cant add all three at once, one at a time. the be honest you dont need the grow food. do a Google search on the Lucas formula. 0 Grow-8 micro-16 bloom. these are Ml per gallon

In 3 part always add micro first its a tip some old growers told me.if you add the other before the micro gets negated.just a tip

Thank you both Irish boy and pit viper. I do add the micro first and mix well before adding the next nutrient. That advice I was given. I had just never added all 3 in the same res. I will definitely google the lucas formula and appreciate both of your inputs :)

Back
Top Bottom