Question regarding need to decarb

Buzzzxx

I have routinely decarbed buds for 40 minutes at 225 degrees and then placed the decarbed weed in a crock pot with mtc coconut oil on low for four hours. Temps during the infusion hover right around 185 to 195.
My question is: for long infusions, like I described, do I need to decarb first or is it not needed because it will decarb during the infusion? The edibles turn out ok but don't hit super hard. I am concerned that I am losing terms and the by doing both. Guidance and advise is very appreciated

I have routinely decarbed buds for 40 minutes at 225 degrees and then placed the decarbed weed in a crock pot with mtc coconut oil on low for four hours. Temps during the infusion hover right around 185 to 195.
My question is: for long infusions, like I described, do I need to decarb first or is it not needed because it will decarb during the infusion? The edibles turn out ok but don't hit super hard. I am concerned that I am losing terms and the by doing both. Guidance and advise is very appreciated
Hey @Buzzzxx hope your having a good day.
I made a couple crock pots full a month for last couple years.
I found steaming 40 mins at 225f is a must for potency.
I've tried not decarbing and found the result sorely lacking.
If you don't have a steamer try putting your buds in a 3"-4" deep brownie pan and seal the top with tinfoil.
Pop in oven and instant steamer.
I then put buds in blender with hot water and break them up.
Increases surface area for contact transfer.
I then put blended buds in a wine making bag then put bag in crock pot.
Plenty of different sizes available on zon.
Fine micron so when your done you can just lift it out of crock pot.
I warm mine 12 hr minimum.
Never letting it go above 190f.
I get great transfer to my Virgin coconut oil this way.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Stay safe.
Bill

I decarb in oven as you described for 40 minutes @ 240F in a baking pan covered with tin foil.

The other thing we are doing besides creating thcv is removing water left in the flower which has a negative affect on the final output if not removed.

You can decarb at lower temps but go longer time.

The infusion part usually is under 200F so there's no decarb happening at those lower temps.

Add more weed for more potency.

All my budder I make is too strong for me. I grow landrace sativa just for the budder and it still kicks my ass. I make cookies for friends. I might try a piece here and there. IF I eat a whole cookie I cant walk right and I'm very high for 24 hrs. Thats a little long for me.

I think decarbing in necessary.
I make infused coconut oil regularly and I tried it both ways.
I also infuse 4 hours most of the time, but if I have time I do 6 or 8 hrs.
This is the ratio that works for me, but everyone has their favorite recipe.
7 to 10g of flower (those popcorn buds) plus 7to 10g of trim, that makes roughly 2 cups of product, to 2 cups of coconut oil.
Happy cooking! I love the aroma of infused coconut oil.

Back
Top Bottom