Question to pitviper

warlord98

Hey there pitviper. I was reading your post on nute ppms and had a question. I currently use the ionic line of nutrients. They are a local based company and michigan can use all the help it can get.They recommend an EC of 1.8 to 2.0. The conversion to ppm with my hanna meter (.5) is about 850 ppm. The greenhouse seed co. suggests you run with an EC of about 1.5 to 1.7. Too low? I don't want to risk a burn but dont want to underfeed my ladies.They seem alright but if they are not living up to their potential I want to change what ever is wrong.If there is anything .I may be converting wrong .
Thanks....
:thumb:

I'm not pitviper but I couldnt help but notice your thread. I think using the scales people provide are a good rule of thumb to gradually raise your ppm levels over the course of the plants life. But you will find that many strains respond differently to nutrient concentrations. Most people don't learn how to use their PPM meter to learn what their plant desires.

Lets say for instance you are running a 1k ppm solution in your system. You come back after a couple of days and your water/solutions has evaporatied and been ingested by the plant. If you find the PPM levels have risen above your 1k baseline to say 1100-1200 you know the plant has not been ingesting more water and less nutes thus the levels and the strength of your solution is to high. I would then drop the baseline. But if you come back to the same level diminished in your system and the PPM is lower than your baseline you know that your initial solution is to weak and would then raise the baseline PPM. The key is to find a happy medium to keep your plants happy. Don't starve em and dont over feed em.

Hope that helps and happy growing

Sorry for getting back so late I had a problem with my computer. I'm was growing the church.

Back
Top Bottom