Questions Related to Stoned Feeling

magix

Hi there. So I'm a newbie, and I have a few questions about what a natural high is supposed to feel like. The reason I'm asking is because, for me, it tends to feel unnatural, and puts me into some panicky state of mind. I asked some friends, and apparently they don't get the same type of effect I do, even if they smoke the same weed.

Ok first question, has anyone ever heard of weed causing paralysis? The reason I ask is because when I'm stoned my whole body feels numb and tingly. As an example of tingly, think of when you have a dead leg from having your leg in an awkward position in a car. It's a lesser version of that tingly feeling. What I mean by numb is I can't really feel anything, as in if I put my back against something, I don't really notice it. The reason I'm relating this to paralysis is because I can barely move, I move so slowly, and everything feels tingly and numb. This feeling was ALL over my body, on my chest, legs, arms, hands. The only place it wasn't was my face, but my face felt numb. It's like my muscles feel all warm and tingly. I emphasise the TINGLY feeling, because it's fairly... tingly haha. So, is that normal?

Another thing, is it natural to have hallucinations in your head? I don't visually see stuff that isn't there with my eyes open. But I completely zone out of it, and if I close my eyes I hallucinate in my head. It's like I'm dreaming, but I'm completely aware of it and I'm really awake, and I see strange shapes and imagery. Some of it I can relate to memorys. As an example last night I looked at my legs, I then closed my eyes. In my mind I could see my legs, but it was like a hallucination, it was like a shape or something. It's very difficult to explain, basically it comes down to: Is it normal to hallucinate in your head? Either when you're zoned out completely, or with your eyes closed.

Another thing. We were driving right. We got lost in this little residential area late at night. The driver was getting very angry and frustrating, and started yelling. This really freaked me out. His voice changed in my head. It was like my state of mind shifted, and I was hearing him differently, his voice sounded different, and it was kind of echoing in my head. It was making me really anxious when he was yelling too.

When I try and sleep I also notice that I'm uncertain if I was just asleep or awake. Which basically tells me my stoned feeling is very similiar to the things I'm thinking of when I'm asleep, such that the hallucinations in my mind are very similiar to my thoughts when I'm sleeping. I remember last night when I had both of these feelings, that I was thinking to myself that the imagery and hallucinations were related to memorys, as such that they were distorted memorys, connected to my sub-concious in some manner.

So anyways, is it natural to have that tingly, numb feeling? Is it natural to basically hallucinate when you close your eyes or zone out completely? As far as I know my family has had no history of schizophrenia, and I'm uncertain of the warning signs of that. But I know schizophrenia is related to hallucinations, and I wasn't aware that weed could cause hallucinations, so what's the deal? AM I NORMAL? haha, ok thanks for taking the time to read this.

Oh and yes I know it's normal that people have music hallucinations (I'm not exactly sure what they are, but if they're that you can see the music in your head, as such that you can imagine people playing the instruments etc, then yes I get that too) but this was way different. I was seeing shapes and images and stuff. Oh and yes, everyone else was smoking the same stuff and they were perfectly fine. Although they have a WAY higher tolerance level than me. Extremely hard to explain but yeah. Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to add about this.. I just remembered I was really cold. It's difficult to explain, ok so we were driving, I was in the back, and the windows were down, so I was freezing and shaking hardcore. Then I was still really really cold when we got home and I was like shivering in bed, even with blankets on. And my skin felt really cold and tingly. Although I was so out of it I might have been imagining being cold.. I'm not sure.

I agree with Bad, you are smoking way too much. You need to start with a couple of hits and see how you feel. If you are a new smoker don't try to smoke so much that it makes you feel bad or uneasy. It should be enjoyable. You shouldn't feel bad that you can't keep up with the rest. I know lots of people after years of smoking who only want a couple hits. They know their limit.

Yes it's possible to feel numb and tingly. Remember there are different strains of marijuana. Some will make you very creative and energized. Some will give you couchlock, a very intense body high. If you are cold when you get home because you rode with the windows down, then you need to wear a jacket. I would be cold when I got home, too.

Certain strains make me anxious and a little paranoid. Thats after 30 some years of smoking. Unfortunately I have found this to be most purples strains that make me feel that way. There are lots of other choices. I admire it but steer away from it.

I really think you are getting too high. Don't bow to peer pressure, only you know your limitations. Just use good judgement like everything else. If it doesn't feel good, don't do it.

Peace and good toking:rollit:

Oh Wow, Those were the days...
But really there are strains that make you want to just close your eyes and go to sleep. A waste of good weed unless you are using it to make you sleep. And all levels of high. Man I agree with the other guys. You should feel nice... and be enjoying not fretting.. I wouldn't do anything that made me uncomfortable. But actually any numbness isn't a normal thing to happen to you, Lighten up a tad...

..Some will give you couchlock...

Couchlock, I like that. :smokin:

I remember the first few times, it really put me out of my head. There was this one time, I sat on a friend's steps for half an hour doing what I can only describe as watching the universe from the back of my eyelids.

Confirming that it sounds like you might have overdone it a bit. Definitely try less next time.

Alright well thanks for the reply's guys, it's good to know I'm not crazy or anything haha. I know you're supposed to go with it, but at the time I was worried it wasn't normal, so I couldn't really just sit back and enjoy it. And yeah I think I did have a bit too much haha, I didn't really have any level of control. If anyone else wants to add something feel free :) Cheers.

Paranoia is completely normal. I think it is mainly derived from doing something that is for the most part illegal. Even in a relaxed setting, thinking too much about getting busted can make you freak out a little.

Auditory and visual halucinations are not unheard of. Colors can become more vivid and you can get trails of light in your vision as well.

Just from reading whats here, your personality sounds like if I gave you a placebo and told you it was a powerful narcotic then you may have a strange reaction simply because your mind has tricked you into doing so. The key thing is to always be comfortable with your surroundings. Do not put yourself in stressful situations, just relax and forget you have even smoked anything.

As others have suggested, cutting back is a good idea. I however always advocate that when a something that is supposed to be fun or pleasurable stops being so (for whatever reason) then perhaps it is time to discontinue doing it. :peace:

if your smoking through a glass pipe or any pipe (glass is best for health reasons) that has a carb hole just don't cover the hole and you'll get a little less smoke and a bit more h20. and you'll still look like your keeping up with your friends :cool:

Inhale more water? ;)

Ok first question, has anyone ever heard of weed causing paralysis? The reason I ask is because when I'm stoned my whole body feels numb and tingly. As an example of tingly, think of when you have a dead leg from having your leg in an awkward position in a car. It's a lesser version of that tingly feeling. What I mean by numb is I can't really feel anything, as in if I put my back against something, I don't really notice it. The reason I'm relating this to paralysis is because I can barely move, I move so slowly, and everything feels tingly and numb. This feeling was ALL over my body, on my chest, legs, arms, hands. The only place it wasn't was my face, but my face felt numb. It's like my muscles feel all warm and tingly. I emphasise the TINGLY feeling, because it's fairly... tingly haha. So, is that normal?

I am really stoned and just a minute ago i sat down and closed my eyes, i also relaxed, and was basically meditating, and after a while i started to feel the tingly feeling and it was like moving through water when i moved my head slightly. it was fucking fun and im not worried like you are because i think it was alot to do with closing eyes and not focusing

Another thing. We were driving right. We got lost in this little residential area late at night. The driver was getting very angry and frustrating, and started yelling. This really freaked me out.

If you just started smoking just being in a car could be uncomfortable, maybe thinking you will get pulled over ( even if you are not the one driving).

Even though this thread is ancient, I have to say that I completely understand everything he's talking about. I've had those exact same experiences on a number of occasions, and I think it's caused by the THC reacting with any number of psycho/neurological factors that an individual may possess. At the end of the day, you're just stoned, so try to enjoy the crazy freakshow carnival of WTF that starts swimming around in your brain while it's there.

Back
Top Bottom