R.O. System Suggestions

BigDannel

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a nice day :)

I have been looking at some R.O. systems and was wondering which ones you have used or suggest and why. Or, if there are any to definitely avoid. I was looking at the under the sink models and they seem like they would suit my needs but there are a few brands to choose from and all look identical. The reviews seem to give them all equal marks, they do a good job filtering the water. Some seem to have issues with small leaks and things like that so I wanted to check with the experts before moving forward with things.

Thanks!

Not an expert per se, but here's my spin.
1. How much R.O. (gallons) a day you think you might need? Once you have that figure, double it.
2. Without that figure a guess is moot.
3. With that figure I'll toss my two cents in.

Not an expert per se, but here's my spin.
1. How much R.O. (gallons) a day you think you might need? Once you have that figure, double it.
2. Without that figure a guess is moot.
3. With that figure I'll toss my two cents in.

Honestly I could make due with less than 5 gallons a day, especially if the system was one that included a small tank. I grow in soil and have a pretty small space so no more than 3-4 mature plants at a time. I figured I could buy some water jugs and fill those up each day via the RO system to have a bit of an extra supply. The under the sink models seem more than adequate for my very small needs, thank you for your help!

Honestly I could make due with less than 5 gallons a day, especially if the system was one that included a small tank. I grow in soil and have a pretty small space so no more than 3-4 mature plants at a time. I figured I could buy some water jugs and fill those up each day via the RO system to have a bit of an extra supply. The under the sink models seem more than adequate for my very small needs, thank you for your help!

For under the sink I went with an iSpring 6 stage. It had the tank, faucet, ect and was 6 stage. If put out a quite a bit than your needs, around 70 gallons a day or so if I remember.
Mine still is kicking and it's been a few years. I changed the prefilter once, but I have a SmallBoy in front of it so it takes the brunt. I'd suggest a prefilter anyway. The kit set me back about 200 bucks, so not really that bad.

Good luck!

For under the sink I went with an iSpring 6 stage. It had the tank, faucet, ect and was 6 stage. If put out a quite a bit than your needs, around 70 gallons a day or so if I remember.
Mine still is kicking and it's been a few years. I changed the prefilter once, but I have a SmallBoy in front of it so it takes the brunt. I'd suggest a prefilter anyway. The kit set me back about 200 bucks, so not really that bad.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! This is exactly the info I was hoping to get, I really appreciate it :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom