Ravenplume Grow Journal 2022 #1: X2022 - Multiseed Wildling 2019 Grow

So let them dry in the sacs or cut them open? I thought I remembered last time I tried cutting one open from a 2018 or 2019 male too early, all I got was a gooey mess.
Maybe some black paper to put under the male plants. Because when you touch the male, pollen going to fly everywhere. The paper will fall on it to collect and store.
Try not to have any "green" plant material when storing the pollen.
20220513_094759.jpg

Like 10bucks for 400 of them. For seeds and pollen.
Cheers, good luck

Yes, you can use Reversal sprays on a couple of branches, which cuts off female hormones to that branch, which will convert to male parts.
Ive try it several times and it works great.

The "self pollination " came from old practices from the first fem projects.( I believe, could be wrong.)

CSI Humboldt dude is probably the best in the business , on making fems.

Ah, that makes sense. Experience points gained. For now, I am putting that task on the backburner for this project and am just going to crop them and reroot and reflower the tops, something I need to learn anyway. The only other thing I am now wondering on this matter is whether or not rooting and flowering can be multitasked, or is it best to wait until the cutting is rooted before plunging it into utter darkness for a couple days?

In other news is the other half of the in the news I forgot to post. The siblings to these spent some time outside behind the thujas to get morning sun without being seen. Stupid me did not think to bring them in a couple days later when we had some huge rainy wind storms.

Although they at least had plenty of water, that wind really did a number on them, like drying them faster than they could hydrate.

RPGJ-2022-01-29.JPG
RPGJ-2022-01-30.JPG
RPGJ-2022-01-31.JPG
RPGJ-2022-01-32.JPG

Fortunately, after relocating them to my nightstand here with a CFL lamp on them and some indirect natural lighting through the south window, I was able to get them on the road to recovery.

Despite how sad and withered they look though, you can rest assured they are going to be fine. What tells me that is this little fresh growth of green at their crowns.

RPGJ-2022-01-33.JPG

Considering that any that get planted in the ground are going to get buried up to the neck, the new growth is what matters. Still, before I go trimming off the seemingly dead material, I am going to give it a little more time to see if it revives as well, then I will be able to take my cuttings to have rooted and sexed, or just sex them entirely one at a time and then reveg.

Is there anyway my friend you can upgrade your light. You clearly know how to grow with what youre working with.
Marshydro is a sponsor of 420mag. Their lights are great for the money.
Just think for the money would make things simple.
This is what i call the vital 3 on growing cannabis:
1) light
2) genetics
3) environment
No particular order, but really invest, so you dont waste time and money. Just my take friend.
:passitleft:

Is there anyway my friend you can upgrade your light. You clearly know how to grow with what youre working with.
Marshydro is a sponsor of 420mag. Their lights are great for the money.
Just think for the money would make things simple.
This is what i call the vital 3 on growing cannabis:
1) light
2) genetics
3) environment
No particular order, but really invest, so you dont waste time and money. Just my take friend.
:passitleft:

I have a couple different spot planned for additional grow areas, each with one of these hanging overit (and rigged up so the lamps can be raised or lowered as needed.

More Lighting.JPG

The corner setup here is fine for now. After all, it did get my babies this far, to the point of even flowering with a couple. And with the lamp's hood adjusted so it is pointing more toward the white painted wall, it should be even more efficient with a lot of the energy being bounced back onto the plants. But new spots are always good.

I may even find another spot or two for the blurple lamps that are down in the basement grow room, which haven't been used since 2020.

I am also enjoying the challenge of figuring out methods to maximize grows on an almost nonexistent budget and simply making best use of space and resources I have at hand, possibly to where I could accept the title of Efficiency Expert, if Necroplantser never works out. :D

Pondering whether or not I should set up something in the attic as well, but that would likely be where plants end up being sent to die due to very much out of sight, out of mind. One expansion at a time though.

I have a couple different spot planned for additional grow areas, each with one of these hanging overit (and rigged up so the lamps can be raised or lowered as needed.

More Lighting.JPG

The corner setup here is fine for now. After all, it did get my babies this far, to the point of even flowering with a couple. And with the lamp's hood adjusted so it is pointing more toward the white painted wall, it should be even more efficient with a lot of the energy being bounced back onto the plants. But new spots are always good.

I may even find another spot or two for the blurple lamps that are down in the basement grow room, which haven't been used since 2020.

I am also enjoying the challenge of figuring out methods to maximize grows on an almost nonexistent budget and simply making best use of space and resources I have at hand, possibly to where I could accept the title of Efficiency Expert, if Necroplantser never works out. :D

Pondering whether or not I should set up something in the attic as well, but that would likely be where plants end up being sent to die due to very much out of sight, out of mind. One expansion at a time though.
I dont like spending money at my age.

I started out with HPS, inline fans, amp, etc. Really expensive and noisy. Even though HPS puts out a solid flower, its really pricey. With all the new technology with leds is the way to go.

You can buy florescent 4 bulb T5 2ft light (veg) Completely doable for two plants, really cheap too running it 18/6. ( 60bucks for the light maybe?) and a flowering light ( secondary location for flowering. Which could be around 200 bucks..just rough estimates.
So, for less then 300 bucks, you can have a perpetual system that turns out some nice flowers.
The whole idea about upgrading light is to keep the internodes tight to maximize flowers.

I'm sure gear creep (new term I just coined) will kick in over the next few years. And now that Summer weather is coming, most of these will be spending time outside, but still in their containers.

I do really like the corner lamp I am using here, and never pass them up as they show up. It was actually marketed as a sun light lamp from Lights of America; and is one I highly recommend if you can get your hands on one. All of ours were found at thrift stores and yard sales (I always joke that they were likely from people who got frustrated too soon and gave up on growing as a hobby).

I reckon it is time to officially close out this journal with a summary of how it all ultimately went down.

First, there were several boys, two of which had been planted in the enclosure. Took out the weakest one and collected some of its pollen sacs, and let the big one stay a bit longer than planned. Anyway, the third Wildling was a girl, and assumed the name of Fawn (yes, I name my major project subjects, usually with some sort of over all theming). So he big brother ended up pollinating her real good, which achieved one of my major objectives for the project... I have bred a confirmed brother/sister pair together (I am calling this noble breeding instead of inbreeding); and if I am understanding correctly, this warrants a name and claim for what I call a Generation 0 or baseline strain. Anyway, I'll talk more about that in my next journal. The bud is pretty decent as well, confirmed by at least one outside unbiased test subject; so that means my smokable bud off the grow objective was achieved as well.

Sadly, the pollen I saved from her brother molded in its baggie. Guess I should have used a dessicant packet after all. Fortunately, Fawn had several other brothers, and they all have saved pollen sacs for further experiments. In fact, I am wanting to get Wildling-2019 genetics introduced into other strains I am working with; in hopes the seed hardiness and quick initial growth can get introduced to the others.

I also still have one surviving subject for this project, one of Fawn's brothers, who has been on my nightstand since probably even before his sister flowered.
CN-WLD2019-Kennewick-0.JPG

I need to get him prettied up soon, and get the dry leaves trimmed off as well as the pollen sacs snipped and gathered, and see if I can get him looking healthy and happy again. I am hoping to at least have him around until 4/20. And with the closing of Project X2022:1, he will become the subject of my first Pollen Chucker project.
CN-WLD2019-Kennewick-1.JPG

I still ended up having a great harvest, despite only Fawn being a girl. Around mid September, my neighbor, who was moving out, remembered the tragedy of my grow and actually thought to ask if I could take on a few of the plants he couldn't take with him; which ended up being 1 Bubblegum and 3 Birthday Cake (2 of which were pretty much dried and cured already, looked like they had both had stem damage and he tried the duct tape bandage repair). Anyway, the Bubblegum and the third Birthday Cake were planted in the cage with Fawn where they were able to actually continue growing and budding. The other two Birthday Cakes were harvested and then their branches processed over the course of the next 2 or three weeks. The first one produced only 0.6 ounces of extremely dry, but still buzz generating bud, which is actually in a sealed Land o Lakes butter tub out on the front porch, as what I call Quick Dip, basically for a quick top off of the pipe. It also produced about 4 or 5 seeds, only one of which sprouted and started growing nicely in its styro cup. But due to my idiocy, it failed; and none of the other seeds have shown any signs of life. I am guessing that the tiny amount of seeds compared to what the other Birthday Cakes and the Wildling produced, are an indicator that that one self pollinated, and they would have been feminized "pure" Birthday Cake seeds.

The other two Birthday Cakes, like the Wildling, gave an imperial buttload of seeds, so I suspect that the BCs actually got pollinated by my Wildling boi, making them BC Lites. More on that in an upcoming journal as well. The 2nd Birthday Cake gave 2 ounces of smokable bud and 1.6 ounces of Pixie Dust trim; and the 3rd gave 2.2 ounces of bud and also 1.6 ounces of Pixie Dust. The Bubblegum gave 2.4 ounces of bud and 2.8 ounces of Pixie Dust. And finally, Fawn herself produced 5.2 ounces of bud and 5.3 ounces of Pixie Dust. Not a bad haul for 2022, though didn't quote reach the Pounder Club last year, pr achieve singularity, where my supply at the end of the harvest is greater than it was at the end of the previous harvest.

The Bubblegum also gave just a small handful of seeds (only just reached double digits with another one found in the bud recently). So I am assuming the BG was self pollinated and that these will be female.
CN-Seeds-2022.jpg

Not a bad seed haul, if I may say so myself.

Will likely get new journals here going tomorrow.

I reckon it is time to officially close out this journal with a summary of how it all ultimately went down.

First, there were several boys, two of which had been planted in the enclosure. Took out the weakest one and collected some of its pollen sacs, and let the big one stay a bit longer than planned. Anyway, the third Wildling was a girl, and assumed the name of Fawn (yes, I name my major project subjects, usually with some sort of over all theming). So he big brother ended up pollinating her real good, which achieved one of my major objectives for the project... I have bred a confirmed brother/sister pair together (I am calling this noble breeding instead of inbreeding); and if I am understanding correctly, this warrants a name and claim for what I call a Generation 0 or baseline strain. Anyway, I'll talk more about that in my next journal. The bud is pretty decent as well, confirmed by at least one outside unbiased test subject; so that means my smokable bud off the grow objective was achieved as well.

Sadly, the pollen I saved from her brother molded in its baggie. Guess I should have used a dessicant packet after all. Fortunately, Fawn had several other brothers, and they all have saved pollen sacs for further experiments. In fact, I am wanting to get Wildling-2019 genetics introduced into other strains I am working with; in hopes the seed hardiness and quick initial growth can get introduced to the others.

I also still have one surviving subject for this project, one of Fawn's brothers, who has been on my nightstand since probably even before his sister flowered.
CN-WLD2019-Kennewick-0.JPG

I need to get him prettied up soon, and get the dry leaves trimmed off as well as the pollen sacs snipped and gathered, and see if I can get him looking healthy and happy again. I am hoping to at least have him around until 4/20. And with the closing of Project X2022:1, he will become the subject of my first Pollen Chucker project.
CN-WLD2019-Kennewick-1.JPG

I still ended up having a great harvest, despite only Fawn being a girl. Around mid September, my neighbor, who was moving out, remembered the tragedy of my grow and actually thought to ask if I could take on a few of the plants he couldn't take with him; which ended up being 1 Bubblegum and 3 Birthday Cake (2 of which were pretty much dried and cured already, looked like they had both had stem damage and he tried the duct tape bandage repair). Anyway, the Bubblegum and the third Birthday Cake were planted in the cage with Fawn where they were able to actually continue growing and budding. The other two Birthday Cakes were harvested and then their branches processed over the course of the next 2 or three weeks. The first one produced only 0.6 ounces of extremely dry, but still buzz generating bud, which is actually in a sealed Land o Lakes butter tub out on the front porch, as what I call Quick Dip, basically for a quick top off of the pipe. It also produced about 4 or 5 seeds, only one of which sprouted and started growing nicely in its styro cup. But due to my idiocy, it failed; and none of the other seeds have shown any signs of life. I am guessing that the tiny amount of seeds compared to what the other Birthday Cakes and the Wildling produced, are an indicator that that one self pollinated, and they would have been feminized "pure" Birthday Cake seeds.

The other two Birthday Cakes, like the Wildling, gave an imperial buttload of seeds, so I suspect that the BCs actually got pollinated by my Wildling boi, making them BC Lites. More on that in an upcoming journal as well. The 2nd Birthday Cake gave 2 ounces of smokable bud and 1.6 ounces of Pixie Dust trim; and the 3rd gave 2.2 ounces of bud and also 1.6 ounces of Pixie Dust. The Bubblegum gave 2.4 ounces of bud and 2.8 ounces of Pixie Dust. And finally, Fawn herself produced 5.2 ounces of bud and 5.3 ounces of Pixie Dust. Not a bad haul for 2022, though didn't quote reach the Pounder Club last year, pr achieve singularity, where my supply at the end of the harvest is greater than it was at the end of the previous harvest.

The Bubblegum also gave just a small handful of seeds (only just reached double digits with another one found in the bud recently). So I am assuming the BG was self pollinated and that these will be female.
CN-Seeds-2022.jpg

Not a bad seed haul, if I may say so myself.

Will likely get new journals here going tomorrow.
Excellent work my friend, thank you. :thanks:
Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Decided to keep this journal open in order to cover any other of this line I work with.

As an example, I just got another three started about 3 days ago, and have some specific plans for them.

Wildling-00-2019-00.jpg

That would be the three on the right, of course, the other seeds are broccoli. So anyway, I don't have a big grandiose plan for these, since I already got my name and claim from them at the end of the 2022 growing season, creating Feyleaf Generation:00 seeds.

Primary objectives for these are...

1: Just make sure they are still viable, as they were generated 5 years ago, so there will be at least one or two each year just for that.

2: Test the Birthday Cake Lite pollen I saved last year and see if I can get one pollinated to make what will be yet another Wildling (Definitely need to start compiling a Ravenplume/Everyone Else glossary soon)

3: Get one to self pollinate and make its own feminized seeds, which would then get its own unique name.

4: Just get some smokable bud off one, pollinated or not.

Anything beyond the above will just be an unexpected bonus.

So to truly relaunch this journal, we have the boring background info on the seeds.

2018: Purchased an ounce of Tardis and an ounce of Sour Banana Sherbert at my favorite dispensary. Found an opportunity seed in each back. And since there is no way to know what pollinated the Tardis and SBS flowers to produce these seeds, I am declaring them half breeds, Tardis Lite and Sour Banana Sherbert Lite, with the other half of each declared Mutt.

2019: Tardis Lite ended up being a girl, and Sour Banana Sherbert Lite was a boy, so I used the latter to generously pollinate the former; and the results, being now super diluted at 1/4 Tardis, 1/4 SBS, and then 1/4 each of whatever provided the pollen to make the Lites; are what I call Wildlings. My personal designation for them, since I do like to try to keep close records of such things are Ravenplume Wildling:00/2019, or shortened to RPCNWD:00/2019.

There is more on the story of my first Wildling, but I don't want to risk mass suicides due to the Stryker Effect...

I will also likely continue with Wildling:00 for this year's 4/20 Challenge, which doesn't start until the last week of April.

Back
Top Bottom