RDWC girls unhappy

sedated

hello everybody

this is my second grow but first hydro
i have a 75 liter system 4 buckets + control top feed
im using hesi nutrients and for the moment using about 220watt led
the clones were dong fine first but after about 2 weeks the started to discolor light green then brown and even lighter hope you can see the pictures, they have been in the system for 3 weeks now.
ph is 5.6 ppm 330 only thing i cant control is temperature reservoir 26C daytime but no slime and still white roots.

so do you guys got any info on what it migt be?
they are stil growing but look sickly

im using hesi nutrient line raised the ph and they start to look better no more browing bot stil some deformd an pittyful looking leaves.
thinking of transplanting them to soil since the res tem is 26 now and its only gonne get hotter (summer and more lights)

The damaged leaves will not recover.
I would not attempt to transplant, the plants need to be in better health to survive the stress, i put a couple of frozen water bottles in the res and change them out daily to avoid high temps.

thanks for your reply.

i transplanted 1 of the 4 already 1 week ago just to see how it would do it seems ok. damaged leave were cut off to make it seem healthier and to let light throu to the healthy ones.
the other 3 seem ok to but to be honest i dont think they gro very fast could be the lighting but the clips on youtube show roots that fill a bucket mine yust dont after 5 weeks of veg.

as for the frozen watter bottles, i tried it in the beginning but even with 1.5liet evey day tems went to 26 so i gave up and it barely makes a difference + i dont have to go out to the shed wich frozen bottles of ice every morning.

i made a lage shed outside my house with hidden room so no airco + i used plasic sky windows for the rest of the sehed so when its sunny its 30 celcius fast as the summer is starting, i was thinking of translpanting them all en placing them in the non secret side and let the sun do its thing for free since even if i start to flower now it will be 2 months so the hottets months could go 40 and i am afraid the roots who look ok ish now will not like it very much.

Anything over 24c is too hot for water temps in my opinion. If you have to run hydro in those temps then you need a water chiller. I made a diy one for around $100.
If you don't want to make or buy a chiller then switch to a soil grow as it is ok with hot temps. Hydro and hot water temps don't work well.

yes i know did not expect it to be that hot going to soil until september

bought nutrients for hydro(a lot) and build 2 systems veg and bloom room

Back
Top Bottom