Ready to harvest! But have a problem

jt2142

Hey guys. So one of my plants is ready to harvest. However, my other plant still has several weeks left. My original idea was to hang the plant in the grow tent, but of course I can't do that with all the light! I have a closest I could use but it has a glass front so light would get in now and then, also wouldn't be able to get a fan to reach inside there. Can anyone think of some ideas to help me out? Cheers

Great question!

How exciting that you've made it this far and a harvest is around the corner!! Good job!

It's actually a little known fact that some light during the beginning process of drying is a good thing. The THC and other cannabanoids are still maturing/ripening during the dry stage. And light is crucial for this process.

You could really get away with drying anywhere with decent air flow. I do like to put them in the dark after the 3 or so day of drying. You can use a closet, shoe boxes, card board or even tie them off you dresser drawers.

Really all I'm saying is don't get caught up with trying to provide a light free zone. Get that shit dried cured then smoke it!!!

All the best my friend!

Great question!

How exciting that you've made it this far and a harvest is around the corner!! Good job!

It's actually a little known fact that some light during the beginning process of drying is a good thing. The THC and other cannabanoids are still maturing/ripening during the dry stage. And light is crucial for this process.

You could really get away with drying anywhere with decent air flow. I do like to put them in the dark after the 3 or so day of drying. You can use a closet, shoe boxes, card board or even tie them off you dresser drawers.

Really all I'm saying is don't get caught up with trying to provide a light free zone. Get that shit dried cured then smoke it!!!

All the best my friend!

Thanks for the fast response :) So you think my closet will be OK for the drying process? I mean there isn't a fan or any great airflow but it is dark and there's room for hanging. Thanks

Yea I think it's gonna work great. If it's glass and you're concerned about light. Maybe tape up some card board or something to block the light.

I suppose I should be clear.

Air flow doesn't equal a fan. Direct air movement isn't good either. You don't want a fan blowing right in the buds.

I think you've got it! I'm excited for you and hope the final stretch goes well!

To be fair it's getting colder now so I think I could just keep my bedroom door shut. With my blinds closed there isn't much light in the room :) I'm sure I'll manage for the few days of hanging! Thanks bro

Back
Top Bottom