Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

update

everything is going well here. still no working computer so that means no pictures. i'm working on fixing that problem asap.

anyway, everything is looking good. besides the runt the other 3 are all looking about the same. all 8'' tall with a nice lush green color and many sets of leafs with a nice sweet and spicey smell. i'm happy so far.

now i do have one question/problem.
all 4 plants have these tiny white and almost silver colored spots on only the top leafs. any ideas on what these could be? i know its hard with no pictures but this is the best i can do.

i plan on starting nutes next watering- ff grow big. i think they are ready for that.

well thats it for now, hopefully next time i will have pictures. as usuall i'm open to hear any comments and critizisims-cant spell, you guys can start with that lol.

Possible Light bleaching? Is it taking over?

I can imagine what light bleaching is but i don't know for sure. maybe you could further explain this? and if by asking if it is taking over you mean the spots the answer is no. they are very sparsely spread out. just a few spots here and there. at first it looked to me like silver glitter got in there somehow, but it does not rub off like glitter, thats for sure.

so i plan on starting my ff grow big today, i have heard that you start with a smaller dose and work your way up to full dose. is this recommended?

If you have never used those nutes before .. use 1/4-1/2 strength and only every other watering.. let the plants dry between waterings...

But I've seen some things that I would call "Nuking a plant", the grower had his Mix Perfected, with Awesome results.

In the forums I've seen some peoples mixes and viewed their results... might be a good hunting ground of info for you to try :ganjamon:

Thanks JustAddWateR!

That's exactly what I needed to hear. I will just start out playing it safe with 1/4 dose every other watering. I don't wanna risk hurting them. I baby the hell outta these babies. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I have alot of spare time so about every 2 hours I give them a good spray down with my little pump sprayer. could this be doing any harm? they seem to like it but what do I know.

Alright, that's all for now. still working on those pictures... I'll post them soon I hope. -Later

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I have alot of spare time so about every 2 hours I give them a good spray down with my little pump sprayer. could this be doing any harm?

Yes

Do you know what your relative humidity is? Check it. Unless your having a serious drout condition that is removing the moisture from the air i wouldn't suggest spraying more than 1 time a day.. if that much.. I only spray once a week for Foliar feeding in my setups..

Don't get used to spraying them like that.. you don't want mold Ever

Remember the Key to all this... It knows how to grow.

Marijuana likes to dry out sometimes.. really:ganjamon:

Point taken JustAddWateR...

Thanks for all your help so far. My reasoning for all the spraying is that sometimes it can get near 95f in there so I thought I could spray them to cool them down.

as for the relative humidity, right after watering its around 50% but then the next day it will drop to and stay around 35% i really gotta work on doing some venting to keep the temp under control. it gets dry very quickly.

i keep a 6'' fan blowing into the box and it keeps the temp around 84-88f but at night i gotta seal it up for light control and then it gets near 95f. with the fan inside.

thats pretty much why i spray them down so often, which i will stop doing now.

Thanks for your help! and again, i'll work on those pictures

DAY 27

Update...

So i started with the nutes yesterday. i went with half the regular dose and plan to skip nutes on the next watering and then full dose on the next.

i'm not positive, but i think i can see the difference already. in a good way. its only been like 30hrs.

#3 with the weird leaf is doing much better and the runt looks like it has doubled in size. all of them look a much healthier green. they smell the whole room up a bit also.

i added another fan to keep the temperature down. now it is staying around 80f and RH is keeping around 45%. those are pretty good numbers right?

still working on those pictures. i know a journal is kinda boring without them. soon i hope. that's all for now... -Later

Maybe someone here could help me out with a venting question.

if you haven't seen the pictures my grow box is just a 5' wide 2' deep and 45'' tall cardboard box.

i plan on using a 6'' fan in one side at one long end and put a hole in the other end to move air straight through, what would be best. have the fan blowing in or out?

maybe its a stupid question but i would like some input before i go cutting holes and stuff.

thanks in advance for any help.

you the man JustAddWateR!

you described exactly what i wanted to do. it just really helps to hear it from other people too.

you are right, things do seem to be goin better than expected. i just wish everyone could SEE it for themselves. my computer is not actually broken there is something wrong with the web browser. i'll figure it out eventually.

anyway, thanks for the help dude. updates soon to come...

Update...

Alright, could anyone help me with my computer problem? i know that this site is not about computers but without one i cannot post any pictures.

the problem is my web browser. is just says internet explorer is unable to connect.
but other internet based programs work just fine.

if anyone can help me that would be awesome. or even point me in the right direction for help too.

unfortunately that's all for now...

DAY 33

Update...

I belive today I have one confirmed female!!! I was just taking a look at them and noticed a difference. i couldn't really see until I took a very close picture with my good camera and there they were, 2 pistils on separate sides with 2 white hairs coming out! I'm pretty sure that means that one is female. I'm extra happy about this because it is my biggest healthiest one.

alright, still working on pictures. this really motivates me because i want to post pictures so you guys can look and make sure this is a girl. soon.....

DAY 33

Update... PICTURES!!!

So I finally got my internet problem fixed! I switched to Firefox, thanks to Ms.Fox, and everything is back on track. And on top of getting the internet fixed I also managed to get the pictures from my good camera on here also. It has been 14 days since I last posted pictures so I'm gonna start from back then and work my way to present time.

Before I load up the pics just a little info for everyone. I'm still using the 8 100w daylight cfls for light and FFOF soil and FF grow big and big bloom for nutes. The temp is staying at 85F and the RH is at 45% and the PF of runoff is about 7.4. I started nutes almost 2 weeks ago and I have using the grow big. But as of last night it looks like I have at least one female! So I was wondering if I should start using the big bloom yet? So far it is just one that is showing sex so I'm not sure if I should wait or not. And can I mix the 2 nutes or not? Also, with when should I change the light schedule to 12/12?

So I typed the part above before I actually uploaded the pictures. Then I went to upload them and found out that every picture is way past the 1000k size limit. what am I to do now? I have to have a friend use his computer to put the pictures on a flash drive and then load them to my computer. so if I can't use the ones I have now then I can't upload anything. Anyone know how to deal with this? sorry about the tease.

How large (in resolution) are the pictures? If over a megabyte they probably are very large. You can downsize them in a photo editor. I like to use paint.net. You can download it from, you guessed it, paint.net

it looks like I have at least one female! So I was wondering if I should start using the big bloom yet? So far it is just one that is showing sex so I'm not sure if I should wait or not. And can I mix the 2 nutes or not? Also, with when should I change the light schedule to 12/12?

depends on the strain.. if you think it will grow too large, start 12/12 at 6-8 inch plants... I did

I actually uploaded the pictures. Then I went to upload them and found out that every picture is way past the 1000k size limit. what am I to do now?

Use microsoft paint.. comes with windows. Click file, then Open(find your pic file), the pic will load into paint. Click Image, then Resize. It will show 100 x 100..
resize to 45 x 45 . click ok. Click file, Then "Save as". Save to a new folder for upload.

this will permanently change the original photo if you just click save.

Good luck :ganjamon:

DAY 38

Update... Pictures for real...

Alright things are back on track. For now I am going to use my camera phone pictures. I re-sized one high quality shot that shows proof of one female. The other day I guess it got a little hot and they dried out quicker than normal and by the time I saw them they were all very droopy and some of the bottom leafs had turned yellow. Should I just cut them off or what? Anyway, I watered them asap and within a few hours they were back to normal. So everything is going really well. The #1 that showed sex is shooting pistils all over the place. I'm thinking about switching to 12/12 in about a week. The other 3 have not showed sex yet but I hope switching the light schedule will speed up the process. Also, as of now #1,2 & 3 are all 11" tall and #4 (The Runt) is 7" tall.

Ok, picture time...

Just a look at the whole setup.
0628091650.jpg

Top view of #1 -The Female
0628091653.jpg

Side view of #1
0628091654.jpg

Top view of #2
0628091655.jpg

Side view of #2
0628091656.jpg

Top view of #3 (The Retard)
0628091656a.jpg

Side view of #3
0628091656b.jpg

Top view of #4 (The Runt)
0628091657.jpg

Not a runt any more. It started so late and was not looking good at all and now its one of the best.

Side view of #4
0628091658.jpg

Female!!!

This is a picture of #1. This was actually taken about a week ago but I can't get anymore high quality pictures for a little while. This is female right? I'm pretty much positive it is but it does not hurt to ask.
rsz_new_one.jpg

So thats all the pictures for now. What you guys think? Looking pretty good right? Sorry it took so long, I should be trouble free from here on out. So thats it for now, I'll be updating again in a few days. -Later

Back
Top Bottom