Refrige. Grow Box needs advice

Thor76

hey guys and gals!!! Started my new project...The refrigerator grow cabinet..When complete will post pics. But what i need is a second opinion i guess? In the top part(the freezer) is my cloning station...I havent decided what lights to use for my clones? Right now I have 3 20watt CFL in there. Plan on upgrading in future. What lights would you use? That fits? Remember its a standard frige. like you have in your kitchen.In the bottom section I have my 4 chamber hydro system with a 400 watt mh.in a cooling tube. Need a good design to run hosing for cooling tube... Fan inputs and ventilation holes?Thinking of left side air in right side air out. Straight across....Tube in the middle.. Get it? Tell me what you think...If you have a better ideals please please let me here your input.:helpsmilie:

one more thing guys......I have a co2 tank thinking of installing also?Is it worth it?Can I build my own reg.control.Dont wanna pay 150 for something I dont need or make cheaper.Let me know what you think

No man I cut all the inside parts out. Im installing a co2 tank for the grow section. Today a put 3 100w CFL's in the cloning section. U think i should vent that also? Ill send you pics when complete.... Bro its looking good!! SLOWLY....Im ready to grow ya know? You know how hard it is to cut a 4in circle with a hole saw through a frige is? It sucks!!!! But its comin along Ill let you check it out when complete.

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to see pictures of that.

Also, for cooling, why not just plug the fridge into a timer and turn it on a few mins out of each hour? You have built in A/C dude!

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to see pictures of that.

i take it this did not go anywhere?

Thor76 has not logged in since September of last year so we'll never know, unfortunately.

Also, for cooling, why not just plug the fridge into a timer and turn it on a few mins out of each hour? You have built in A/C dude!

I think he was talking about cooling the MH in the cool-tube, not cooling the actual growing space. Setting the refrigerator on a timer (or just modifying the thermostat so that it kicks on/off at much higher temperatures than originally intended) would probably work very well for cooling the grow space when the light is cooled separately. But as for cooling the actual light itself... I forget what the exact temperature of the 400-watt MH was when I shot it with my non-contact IR thermometer. But 357.4°F comes to mind. I don't think many refrigerators would be up to that task. Whatever the actual temperature is, it'd be tantamount to taking the door off your oven and your fridge, pushing them together, and turning your oven up into the "bake" zone. The fridge would run constantly, ice up, and soon your milk would spoil (or, more likely, cook).

I have a fridge I am in the process of converting to a flower box on the bottom and a veg box in the top freezer part.
if there is ANYONE who has done this and has pics or advice on air I would love to read it

I got curious and did some searching on the site. There isn't much. I'll post what I found and maybe you can contact the members to see how things went.

supercloset grow units (one post)
Freezer build off?
Rusty's Mini-fridge
Lowryder diesel stealth fridge grow
Fridge
Mini fridge growing?
My First Grow
Making a small refregerator into a small SCROG cabinet need some help..

This thread has 15,000+ posts, so you'd want to use the Search This Thread option for refrigerator (and possibly, freezer). But there was a post in it by a person that stated that they used to turn refrigerators into grow cabinets and at least one person wondering about them (so there might have been more discussion as well, IDK).
Deep Water Culture (DWC) - 420 Magazine

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom